fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Fishing around Zephyrhills, FL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 dlevesque

dlevesque

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 08 2007 - 05:20 PM

I am going to be visiting my father in law around the holidays and looking for bass fishing location ideas in that area.  He is fairly new to the area and just bought a used boat so any local knowledge would be appreciated.  thanks

#2 warmer

warmer

&@*#!!! must not have had it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted December 08 2007 - 08:49 PM

your best chance is schooling activity this time of year if you are trying to put him on numbers... polk county has lots of great lakes to fish... winter haven chain, eagle lake, lake mcleod, etc...

all of these lakes are going to fish tough at this time of year, but if you hit it at the right time it can be good.  there are some fish pushing up shallow, just not any great size to them..

#3 John C

John C

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted December 08 2007 - 11:55 PM

You also have Lake Tarpon on Highway 19.Just take State Road 54 west to Highway 19 turn left.go about
3-5 miles to Anderson Park(on the left) thats where the ramp is. there's a $5 launch fee.Do a search on Lake Tarpon or check the TBO.com for fishing reports. Good fishing!!

#4 dlevesque

dlevesque

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 09 2007 - 01:54 AM

thanks, much appreciated.

#5 FishinDaddy

FishinDaddy

TR 20 X2

• Pro Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted December 10 2007 - 07:01 PM

Everything local is a low water right now.  Winter have chain is way low.  I can't get thru most of the canals.  I take my kids over to saddle creek, in Lakeland a lot.  Easy access and no crowds.  Mostly trolling motor though.  Deep water and hydrilla, this is a great place to catch fish and I got 2 over 5 lbs this year.  Another good spot is Teneroc, it's a little bit of a hassle to check in and most of the lakes are TM only but they have some biiiiiiiiiggggggg fish in them.

Later

Lee Harrelson- Lakeland, Fl                                     It is sometimes hard to choose what we pay attention to, 

But it is often the most important choice we make.

#6 FishinDaddy

FishinDaddy

TR 20 X2

• Pro Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted December 10 2007 - 07:02 PM

Another good lake is Johns Lake in Clermont. About 45 min from Zhills but worth the ride.  The lake is fairly clear and unsually good fishing.

Lee Harrelson- Lakeland, Fl                                     It is sometimes hard to choose what we pay attention to, 

But it is often the most important choice we make.