Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maurice

good bank fishing in tampa area?

8 posts in this topic

Not fortunate enough to have a boat.  Could anyone in the area put me on to some spots?

I just never head in that direction from Lakeland.  If you can make it to Lakeland, Saddle Creek Park is a great place to fish from shore.  It's on 92 between Lakeland and Auburndale.

Don't know anything in Tampa, but if ya wanna come over to Clearwater, I got a coupla spots I could share with ya.....

watch brighthouse channel #47 , the show is called fishfinder or average angler adventures... they talk about tampa always.. the guy wade fishes alot and fishes from rock banks..

http://www.myfwc.com/RECREATION/FW_sites_FMA_index.htm

At this link you can scroll down to Hillsborough County and open a pdf giving info. on the urban ponds program, and a map as well.

There are lots of great (mostly very small) ponds and lakes in North Tampa/Lutz/Land O' Lakes. Throw a rod in the car and drive some of the neighborhoods. Any ponds without a "no fishing" sign, get out and cast!

Heck, if it looks good enough, don't worry about the signs. :D

watch brighthouse channel #47 , the show is called fishfinder or average angler adventures... they talk about tampa always.. the guy wade fishes alot and fishes from rock banks..

thanks but i was talking about freshwater