Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trevor

Fishing around Ft. Myers, Florida

10 posts in this topic

Are there any good places to catch bass in Fort Myers other than Lake Okeechobee? I would really like to catch a Peacock Bass. I will be in the area between Christmas and New Years.

Post in the Southeast forum under Fishing Locations.  Someone will help you out over there.

[movedhere] General Bass Fishing Forum [move by] flukemaster.

there are not many peacocks, but if you want a chance try golden gate estates in naples, there is a boat ramp there. if you have a boat and just want to catch bass try the canals in cape coral, with out a boat just try and pond there are good fish in most of them.

For Peacocks, you're going to need to head over to the Southeastern part of Florida.  To be specific, Dade and Broward counties.  West Palm may still have some up there, I don't fish up there all that often.  One of the locals up there would have to tell you.

If you're gonna be in Ft Myers, put bass on hold and go for reds or snook.

If you're gonna be in Ft Myers, put bass on hold and go for reds or snook.

That is my plan, but I thought if there are some local ponds I could just fish the evening for an hour or two if i can't get to saltwater. Really want to catch a Permit.

If youve got a car to use and your wanting to venture out of the neighborhood try Cape Coral. Any ditch and canal that cross' Burnt Store Road with have bass, snook, jacks and tarpon. If its warm for down here keep going down Pine Island Road toward Matlacha and fish anywhere you find public parking along the saltwater, for flats fishing.  Also go north on I-75 to Tuckers Grade at try Webb Lake at the entrance to Webb Wildlife Management Area.  If your more towards south Ft. Myers try any canal in Lehigh Acres.