bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Crappie bite?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Okeechobee_Cracker

Okeechobee_Cracker

Fish Harder!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted October 31 2006 - 09:21 PM

Hows everyone been doing catching Crappie latley....? :) winter to me equals crappie
Corey Pletcher.....A.K.A.....O.C  ..............Bradenton Florida..........Bassmaster Weekend Series....Okeechobee Division 6............................................BFL.....................Everglades division

#2 CK14

CK14

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted October 31 2006 - 10:53 PM

for one it's still fall ;D

the crappie are schooling up pretty good around here. pretty easy to catch if you can find a school. during the winter i will start to catch them at night in 30'-50' of water with lights...... but i'm in washington, and i'm guessing your from florida. but that's just a wild guess......

#3 Okeechobee_Cracker

Okeechobee_Cracker

Fish Harder!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 06:34 AM

O I know its still fall ;D im just sying ive felt a few cool fronts come threw and it reminds me winters around the corner :)
Corey Pletcher.....A.K.A.....O.C  ..............Bradenton Florida..........Bassmaster Weekend Series....Okeechobee Division 6............................................BFL.....................Everglades division

#4 Hightekrednek

Hightekrednek

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 08:08 PM

for one it's still fall ;D

the crappie are schooling up pretty good around here. pretty easy to catch if you can find a school. during the winter i will start to catch them at night in 30'-50' of water with lights...... but i'm in washington, and i'm guessing your from florida. but that's just a wild guess......

The crappie are schooling up huh?  Where in Washington are you located?  By the way, I think I recognize your boardname-are you a member of crappie.com?
I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do.

-Isaac Walton

#5 Bream Master

Bream Master

CHEERS!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 09:40 PM

OK, so crappie DO bite in the fall and winter months?  You guys said they come close to shore?  I thought they only bite in spring and warmer conditions.  Somebody give me the whole nine yards, please.

Thanks.
I can fish 8 hours a day and 12 on Saturdays.

#6 Hightekrednek

Hightekrednek

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted November 01 2006 - 11:01 PM

OK, so crappie DO bite in the fall and winter months? You guys said they come close to shore? I thought they only bite in spring and warmer conditions. Somebody give me the whole nine yards, please.

Thanks.

This is the first year I have crappie fished, so here's a couple good links.

Ask the guys here anything you need to know. http://www.crappie.c...8vb3/index.php?

Here's a decent informative link also.
http://www.nodakoutd...rappie-fishing/
I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do.

-Isaac Walton

#7 basspro48

basspro48

2001 Xpress X18 DC, 2002 Merc EFI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 04:47 PM

They've started schooling up real good ,in about 11 feet of water, around here. I've been catching the most fish trolling an 1/8oz. white roadrunner but I've been catching the bigger ones by casting a small suspending jerkbait like a pins minnow. Not much longer and I'll be able to really slay em on jigs in the trees :)

"It's 100 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses"                     -Elwood Blues            [move]VP of Mechanicsville BASS Busters[/move]

#8 CK14

CK14

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 07:47 PM

The crappie are schooling up huh? Where in Washington are you located? By the way, I think I recognize your boardname-are you a member of crappie.com?

yeah i'm a member of crappie.com, washingtonfishingfools.com, and gamefishin.com. i was catching them really good at silver lake (cowlitz county). but i know they are hitting at some other lakes like the potholes, kapowsin, tanwax (closed for the winter  :'(), and roesiger. but if i remember right you are from stevens county? what ever one is in the top corner of the state.

#9 Okeechobee_Cracker

Okeechobee_Cracker

Fish Harder!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 09:58 PM

Dang I forgot all about crappie.com....I was on thier all last december and janurary.....ant been on sence then...I think my name was okeehchobee cracker or fisher or something...I used to love that place.....but this winter I wont be on thier....I gots to study about pre spawn and spawn for my up coming bass tourneys :)

#10 CK14

CK14

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted November 02 2006 - 10:40 PM

yeah i like crappie.com a lot. i've fished with some of the guys on there and they are really cool. all the guys on the washington board (like 10 maybe) don't only fish for crappie. we probably only talk about crappie fishing 50% of the time. we like the bass in washington too!!!

#11 bass109

bass109

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted November 09 2006 - 10:12 PM

south and midwest crappie are the best. 8-)
BassResource.com is THE best bass fishing site!

#12 scott000

scott000

whack and wind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted November 25 2006 - 10:19 PM

very good. when i hit schools i bring one in every cast