Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okeechobee_Cracker

Crappie bite?

12 posts in this topic

for one it's still fall ;D

the crappie are schooling up pretty good around here. pretty easy to catch if you can find a school. during the winter i will start to catch them at night in 30'-50' of water with lights...... but i'm in washington, and i'm guessing your from florida. but that's just a wild guess......

O I know its still fall ;D im just sying ive felt a few cool fronts come threw and it reminds me winters around the corner :)

for one it's still fall ;D

the crappie are schooling up pretty good around here. pretty easy to catch if you can find a school. during the winter i will start to catch them at night in 30'-50' of water with lights...... but i'm in washington, and i'm guessing your from florida. but that's just a wild guess......

The crappie are schooling up huh?  Where in Washington are you located?  By the way, I think I recognize your boardname-are you a member of crappie.com?

OK, so crappie DO bite in the fall and winter months?  You guys said they come close to shore?  I thought they only bite in spring and warmer conditions.  Somebody give me the whole nine yards, please.

Thanks.

OK, so crappie DO bite in the fall and winter months? You guys said they come close to shore? I thought they only bite in spring and warmer conditions. Somebody give me the whole nine yards, please.

Thanks.

This is the first year I have crappie fished, so here's a couple good links.

Ask the guys here anything you need to know. http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/index.php?

Here's a decent informative link also.

http://www.nodakoutdoors.com/crappie-fishing/

They've started schooling up real good ,in about 11 feet of water, around here. I've been catching the most fish trolling an 1/8oz. white roadrunner but I've been catching the bigger ones by casting a small suspending jerkbait like a pins minnow. Not much longer and I'll be able to really slay em on jigs in the trees :)

The crappie are schooling up huh? Where in Washington are you located? By the way, I think I recognize your boardname-are you a member of crappie.com?

yeah i'm a member of crappie.com, washingtonfishingfools.com, and gamefishin.com. i was catching them really good at silver lake (cowlitz county). but i know they are hitting at some other lakes like the potholes, kapowsin, tanwax (closed for the winter  :'(), and roesiger. but if i remember right you are from stevens county? what ever one is in the top corner of the state.

Dang I forgot all about crappie.com....I was on thier all last december and janurary.....ant been on sence then...I think my name was okeehchobee cracker or fisher or something...I used to love that place.....but this winter I wont be on thier....I gots to study about pre spawn and spawn for my up coming bass tourneys :)

yeah i like crappie.com a lot. i've fished with some of the guys on there and they are really cool. all the guys on the washington board (like 10 maybe) don't only fish for crappie. we probably only talk about crappie fishing 50% of the time. we like the bass in washington too!!!

south and midwest crappie are the best. 8-)