Help getting into the Fishing Industry
Posted January 31 2010 - 04:09 PM
Posted February 03 2010 - 06:08 AM
Selling direct for smaller manufacturers is tough as their support tends to be limited. Smaller companies typically don't have big marketing budgets which can make it a bit harder for you to sell. It would be hard to make a living off of selling just one line in this situation too.
Posted February 09 2010 - 12:59 AM
Pros Staff Director, El Grande Lures
Pro Staff Driector, HatCams
National Pro Staff Kistler Rods, BTS KVDLL, Hag's Torando Baites
Azuma Fishing, Vicious Fishing, Minda Lures, Secret Weapon Lures
Posted February 14 2010 - 08:02 AM
2. Any type of sales experience.
3. Willing to travel and give up weekends.
4. Proper dress - no tattoos.
5. Proper speech and being able to articulate.
4. Nice haircut, like a banker or professional.
5. Nice clothes and dress well, but do not overdo it.
6. Find the reps from Berkley, Shimano, Abu, etc. and speak with them on how they got into the business.
7. Do not expect to make a fortune.
Visit your local tackle shops and ask the guys who calls on them and are they willing to give you their names and phone numbers.
If so, give the reps a call and talk to them about how they got into the business and is it really what you think it is.
Do your homework; get some experience selling anything you can; get that degree; look good and speak well; be ready to move; and good luck.