Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bassman22

After it rain when is the best time to go fishing?

5 posts in this topic

It just got done raining when is the best time to go and fish for bass wait until the sun gos down our what? Any help would be great full

In lakes I don't think it matters that much before, durring or after.  If it is a long  hard rain and the water is riseing I think it improves.  I really like to fish when the sky is cloudy and/or it is lightly raining a little bit, and it isn't cold or storming.

I do have one exception - there is one small pond that is close by, and I am not sure I have ever caught anything out of it after a rain.  Mostly I just fish lakes and just use the pond  to try out tackle, practice or playing around so even if I was catching a few along on a certain bait, before it started, and they suddenly stopped after it quit.  I wouldn't normaly try useing something different.  I am not sure I have ever caught a fish out of it after a rain, or many even the next day, regaurdless of when I started.

Well after the heavy rain it makes the PH rise and the bass become tight lipped so bad you couldn't buy a bite thats a fact.  If your fishing from shore this can be a really tough time.  From a boat you can move to where the PH is more around 7 which is perfect.  Or from a boat you can find the PH breakline too where it changes.  Measuring the PH is another key to success.                BigBill

I never heard of measuring the Ph factor.  How do you do it?  Is there something you use to measure the Ph factor?  Thanks.

They used to make a variety of temp and ph meters for fishing that you could use at different depths. It was a widely practiced techniqe to locate fish before we had the electronics of today,. I haven't seen any for a long time. I couldn't even find a retractible temp meter a while back and I looked. You may be able to find one somewhere that sells aquarium supplies,acuacultural supplies, and possibly swimming pools if you can not find one for fishing.