fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

best lures for pond fishing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 fishingrulz

fishingrulz

weapons of bass destruction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 11:16 PM

what do you guys recommend for fishing small public ponds you know the ones that are over run with bluegills and pumpkinseeds and they eat all the bass eggs and none of them hatch
<>))))'  Long Island Bassin'  <>'((((<>  

#2 playmaker47

playmaker47

Bass fishing isn't a passion. It's an obsession.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 11:20 PM

hah we have a small community lake here that is full of bluegill and green sunfish. there arent alot of bass, but the ones there are are usually pretty small (6" or so) if you want to catch bluegill, either go with a beetle spin or a roadrunner or a roostertail, or just go with a plain old worm and bobber. for bass go with bluegill colored lures, firetiger spinnerbaits and cranbaits.

#3 Kana

Kana

Tokyo, Japan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 07:31 AM

1/8 oz.  minitrap has been getting me fish when no one could buy a bite.  i like the shad and craw patterns.  its been working well since april!
Daiwa Reels                     MajorCraft Rods

Watch out Larry cuz im looking for ya!

#4 Sam

Sam

I Love Bass Fishing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,444 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 10:05 AM

I have found just about anything works on a good pond.  Plastics, spinnerbaits, live worms, small live bream fished on the bottom, rooster tails, Beatle Spins and crankbaits.  It seems the bass will go after just about anything.  
Ignorance can be corrected. Stupid lasts a lifetime.

#5 krisjack69

krisjack69

I love bass fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 01:36 PM

Two weeks or so ago I cought a bass on a cricket and lost a bass using crickets.

#6 fishingrulz

fishingrulz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 04:47 PM

thanks i'm gonna be going after the bass though but on a bad bass fishin day its fun to tie on a road runner or beetle spin and catch huge pumpkinseed i'll have to get a couple rooster tails. any thing else as far a bass lures goes thanks. i never thought thats bass would eat any crankbaits cause there are no natural schooling bait fish or anything cuz they can't survive. also is there any way i can't make the bass population go up? thats easy i would prefer a method that doesn't envolve killing anything i just don't have the heart i would feel guilty forever lol thanks again

#7 Tenka

Tenka

Wish I was FISHING!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 05:00 PM

You need to read this board more thouroughly, i spent most of yesterday learning the basics of building and caring for fishing ponds (Stock Tanks, in my neck of the woods)
They are in the tips section.

In general:

Catch a lot of the bass, if the are all uniforming small, start cooking filets(TOO MANY IN WATER), if they are big and skinny they need more bait( NOT ENOUGH FOOD)

#8 fishingrulz

fishingrulz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 10:09 PM

sorry i don't get it