bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Spot Remover Or The Pro Spot Remover?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 eyedabassman

eyedabassman

I love bass fishing! Bowling. old cars! Night Fishing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted February 26 2009 - 10:57 PM

Which one do you like better? I like both but I would lean more to the Spot Remover. :-? :D

And what baits do you fish on them?

#2 Sharpie

Sharpie

I Fish in Michigan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted February 26 2009 - 11:01 PM

I use zoom trick worms and strike king cyber flex stuff.

#3 rally

rally

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Floater
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted February 26 2009 - 11:46 PM

The Pro Spot Remover is better for me because the head of the bait wont come off. The regular ones are just as good, the bait's head just comes off sometimes.

#4 flukemaster

flukemaster

I'm Dink-Dropping 5 pounders.

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,319 posts

Posted February 26 2009 - 11:57 PM

I've been fishing a Spot Remover for several years now and I have caught well over 1000 fish on them. With the Pro Spot Remover I loose a lot more fish due to the worm getting in the way. When I use the Regular Spot Remover the worm slides off the peg and gets out of the way of the hook. I still wish they would make them with bigger hooks though. If they did that then you would never loose a fish.

I fish any and every soft plastic on one. I've even put a 10" Ol Monster on one and had a great day.

Please read the Forum FAQs

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Become a member for FREE!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#5 LAO162

LAO162

Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 06:14 AM

flukemaster, thanks for that great comparison.  I've been leaning towards the pro because of the coil keeping the worm on.  Now, it makes sense that sometimes we'd want it to come loose.

#6 eyedabassman

eyedabassman

I love bass fishing! Bowling. old cars! Night Fishing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted February 27 2009 - 09:08 AM

I've been fishing a Spot Remover for several years now and I have caught well over 1000 fish on them. With the Pro Spot Remover I loose a lot more fish due to the worm getting in the way. When I use the Regular Spot Remover the worm slides off the peg and gets out of the way of the hook. I still wish they would make them with bigger hooks though. If they did that then you would never loose a fish.

I fish any and every soft plastic on one. I've even put a 10" Ol Monster on one and had a great day.

Would it help to bend the hook just a bit for better hook up's?