fishing

bass fishing

fishing

fishing

fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

How do you make your own structure for bass???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#16 Eddie Munster

Eddie Munster

I'm with the government and I'm here to help!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted September 04 2008 - 11:37 PM

Thanks Bud.

http://www.porcupine...com/pricing.htm Here is their pricing list for those interested.

fishinfiend,
Good luck. After reviewing the prices of the porcupine, I may just purchase a set of 3 of the spheres @ $46.85 total. Not bad.

WTRDOG, you often throw fishing lures around swimming areas? Guessing those hooks may be even worse than these fish attractors. Personally I don't fish in areas people swim in and certainly wouldn't put something like this where people could get hurt on it.
PB: LMB = 9 lbs   SMB = 2.5 lbs  Crappy = 1.5

#17 Omaha

Omaha

Building A Pond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted April 16 2009 - 09:47 PM

wow thats nice!!! Thanks

No problem; I know it may look hard to build but it's not hard at all. The center will be the hardest thing to drill out but you really don't have to make it like that. Start sketching it out and you'll come up with something easier I'm sure.

The easiest thing to do is to do what five.bass.limit suggested but you run the risk of snags with actual trees.

**edit** here's a photo of a rather simple design for that PVC tree. As someone else suggested, probably should find out if it's legal to use this. Looks like a 5 gallon paint bucket with cement in bottom. Insert PVC at angles while cement is still curing. Couple or three of these and it should simulate a stump field.

Posted Image

Good luck either way.

Man, I love the look of these.  I googled build your own porcupine fish attractors and this came up and it's the alternative to buying a kit I was looking for.  

#18 SoFlaBassAddict

SoFlaBassAddict

Why work when you can fish?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted April 16 2009 - 10:02 PM

I've got a few christmas trees from the last couple of years in the lake behind my house.  10 or 15 foot from the shoreline the lake drops to some unknown depth.  Probably 30 foot or so, though supposedly it's 60.  Few CBS blocks some chain or rope and the tree.  Done.  Works pretty good too.
Eric
------------------------
Personal Bests:

Largemouth: 10.73 lbs   (Everglades - Holiday Park)
Peacock:  6.36 lbs   (Residential Lake - Southwest Broward)

#19 zaraspook_dylan2

zaraspook_dylan2

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted April 17 2009 - 05:18 AM

I would just cut off a decent sized branch with a chainsaw. There is many many ways to make some cover, and I think a big branch or something would be easiest, plus it doesnt cost you anything.

#20 Fishing Rhino

Fishing Rhino

I practice catch and release. You can only eat them once.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted April 17 2009 - 04:38 PM

I really like the bucket bushes.

Grease up the inside of the bucket, arrange your tubes, and when the concrete hardens, pop it out.

Two things come to mind.

Unless I'm mistaken the pvc tubing (usually used between the pump and the connector on well casings) is cheaper per foot than the straight piping.

If so, I'd use the coil tubing.  They are also curved, and in combination with the straight tubes, you could really make a fairly dense cover.

The second thing is that it seems if the surface of the pipe was roughed up with a sanding disc and coarse sandpaper, the result would provide for an even denser algae growth.

For sure, for sure, I'm going to make a half dozen or so of them.  I have the perfect place in mind to "plant" them.
Regards, Tom

#21 DINK WHISPERER

DINK WHISPERER

Troll quietly and carry a big flippin stick!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted April 17 2009 - 06:49 PM

With this....

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    ;D

#22 umahunter

umahunter

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted April 18 2009 - 11:30 AM

one thing we've done before that's cheap easy and usually free is get 3 pallets make them into  a triangle weight and sink.  now you can get caught  up with crank baits but you can avoid some of that with some pvc cut and placed over the slats. another option is making a structure from PVC and filling with concrete  and yet another way is some empty blue barrels cut various holes  and sink and weight down most of this stuff is a good summer project when ya can get in the water to get it just right BE CAREFUL!!!!
I don't use punctuation just to tick you off so here's some to hold you over .....,,,,""!!!!????"""""

#23 coltonriegel

coltonriegel

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted April 19 2009 - 11:30 AM

as most of yall probly allredy know this but the south east has had bad summers with no rain for the last (feels like forever)5 years.this caused the lakes around me to drop relly low. i live on badin lake and i can remember it droped as low as 15 foot one year. but anyways me and my familly would spend are days after work and school walking the dryed up lake beds exploring.Me and my dad would stack all the big rocks to form pyremids about 4'-6' tall.then the water would come back up we would have more under water cover for the fish. we still can see them with the depth finder 8-) thay are under about 12' of water now. allso the game commission will collect christmas trees and sink them to the bottom.

#24 Btech

Btech

Im back online!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted April 19 2009 - 12:03 PM

So this is legal in NC? - I was told it wasnt on Lake Wiley.

Game wardens also drop this stuff? Didnt know that.
Daydreaming of the day I can hit the water again!

#25 Culln5

Culln5

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted April 20 2009 - 06:48 AM

All good ideas!  I would suggest, based on the depth of the canal, that you use caution placing anything in an area where it might hinder boat traffic.

Also, cover does not have to always be vertical (up & down).  Again, given the depth I would consider making the cover more horizontal.

George
Raleigh, NC

#26 Omaha

Omaha

Building A Pond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted July 22 2009 - 03:12 PM

Made these a few weeks ago for my pond. Will be making more. Super easy to make (kids helped) and they're proven in the water.

Posted Image

#27 Lynx

Lynx

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted July 23 2009 - 01:27 AM

With this....

I AGREE!! START CUTTING & FALLING SOME OLD TREES! WILL WORK EVERYTIME.

#28 Omaha

Omaha

Building A Pond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted July 23 2009 - 08:05 AM

With this....

I AGREE!! START CUTTING & FALLING SOME OLD TREES! WILL WORK EVERYTIME.

Snags...   >:(

#29 slider head

slider head

The newest member of Team Fat Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted July 23 2009 - 09:42 AM

With this....

far too noisy under the cover of darkness. Might I reccomend............

Attached Thumbnails

• pruning-saw-center.gif

The truth, reality and common sense is like kryptonite to some people.
"Winning is the best deodorant" John Madden

#30 slider head

slider head

The newest member of Team Fat Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted July 23 2009 - 10:24 AM

also, FBL:

Copper wire? People are getting electricuted, falling thru roofs and going to jail trying to steal this stuff. Are you trying to add drowning to the list? ;D
The truth, reality and common sense is like kryptonite to some people.
"Winning is the best deodorant" John Madden