bass fishing

fishing

fishing

fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Bassmaster Classic Expo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 SHW300

SHW300

Learning more every day.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 09:58 PM

I am sure some of you guys have been to the Bassmaster Classic expo.  I was just wondering if the prices on items are better at the expo & do most of the exhibitors actually sell items there.  It would be about a 3 hour drive one way for me.

Thanks

#2 zero

zero

bleach fan

• Floater
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 10:15 PM

where is bassmaster classic expo located at?

#3 SHW300

SHW300

Learning more every day.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 10:27 PM

Birmingham, AL
Feb 19-21

http://sports.espn.g...assic_expo_info

#4 flukemaster

flukemaster

I'm Dink-Dropping 5 pounders.

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,228 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 11:30 PM

They do sell there stuff there and you can usually find decent deals.

Please read the Forum FAQs

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Become a member for FREE!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#5 Bobby Uhrig

Bobby Uhrig

Always choose the right life coach

• BassResource.com Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 11:37 PM

We will be there. Just mention that you are a Bass Resource member and receieve a discount on anything you purchase.As for other dealers-everyone wants to move product-Its a place to make deals.The killer there is the overhead is off the hook-For a 10x10 booth there by the time we are done with expenses -it will be $5000-$6000 just to go and show our products-If we go to dinner with Glenn and Fluke- we are in the hole big time.Its a great show any anyone who is anyone is there. Dozers not going.LOL

#6 flukemaster

flukemaster

I'm Dink-Dropping 5 pounders.

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,228 posts

Posted January 31 2010 - 11:43 PM

What are you saying Bobby? We enjoy good food.  :D

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#7 D.Cox

D.Cox

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted February 01 2010 - 09:22 AM

Retailers sale and most manufacturers sale either in their own booth or can refer you to a store booth in the expo carrying their product. With the booth overhead, only a few manufacturers come to the show simply to show, for example, Do-It molds. As far as price, most exhibitors offer some type of discount and some maufacturers will even offer steep show only specials (the lowest price they are willing to sell their baits for) in order to help get their products out there in the hand of anglers.

SHW300: Attend the Classic! It is truly something to see at least once in your lifetime. Plus, Birmingham is the bass capital of the US.       

Glen and Fluke, I am just going to tell you right now, I can't afford to feed one of you, my less both of you, unless you are into the value menu at Mickey D's ;)

#8 zero

zero

bleach fan

• Floater
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted February 01 2010 - 09:41 AM

right now i'm 17 so my mom aint gonna drive a day to get there i live in maryland so

#9 5bass

5bass

Team Fat Boy...Mid Atlantic Regional Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,079 posts

Posted February 01 2010 - 11:33 AM

The last Classic I went to in Greenville, SC the expo had some decent deals but some of the bigger retailers that you'd kind of expect to have stuff on sale was just the opposite.

www.knuckledownlures.com

Join us: Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Posted Image Report" button when viewing the content.

#10 Bobby Uhrig

Bobby Uhrig

Always choose the right life coach

• BassResource.com Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted February 01 2010 - 11:39 AM

Rattlehead -There is a secret to this game- We invite them out to dinner- Run up a $1000 bill- we volunteer to pick up the check-Glenn says no let me get it -then we say no we will get it- we  again say NO we will get it-Glenn says cmon you guys are sponsors- Then we say OK BUDDY its on you- we walk away fatter than Dozer- Just hope  ya dont get on the wrong side and he says ok  you get it- WHOOPS- If you are going to play the game -get um good.LOL   When we all went out at ICAST we had about 13 or 14 of us-I have to admit it was one of the finest dinners I had ever had and I have eaten all over the country. The food was phenominal but the company we were with was as good as it gets. We also went out at ICAST in Vegas to Piero's SteakHouse- It was extraordinary. We get to see each other once or twice a year.We make the most of it. It dosent matter if its burgers or a steak house -its the company we are there with- Remember "eat drink and be merry for tomarrow we die"We never know how long we have on this earth so Dare To Dream and enjoy life. Anybody that wants to come is welcome.Like I said about this site "There arent any strangers here-just fishing buddies you havent met yet".  Glenn dinner is on me-and thats it-period the end.

#11 CFFF 1.5

CFFF 1.5

Tricked 'Em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted February 01 2010 - 12:55 PM

The last Classic I went to in Greenville, SC the expo had some decent deals but some of the bigger retailers that you'd kind of expect to have stuff on sale was just the opposite.

The last classic in Orlando, FL was the same way. I didn't see any good deals, with the exception of a couple of give-a-ways. I actually expected more give-a-ways even if not in the form of a product but maybe stickers and possibly hats.
Proud Member of the Bass Pro Shops, Shimano, Quantum, Pflueger, Gander Mountain and Abu Garcia Posse. DeLand, FL

#12 bighead

bighead

If we want to fish, we will fish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted February 01 2010 - 03:15 PM

If your an avid basser, the expo is not to be missed.  I doubt there is any other show (bass fishing) that can even come close.  Yes, there are deals to be had, pros to meet, new boats to be lusted for, tackle to be fondled and on and on. 

St. Paul, Texas

#13 Jeremy D.

Jeremy D.

Roll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted February 01 2010 - 04:25 PM

My advice would be dont buy anything till its getting over and people are starting to pack up there might be more willing to cut a better deal.....

#14 midnighthrasher

midnighthrasher

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted February 01 2010 - 04:31 PM

My advice would be dont buy anything till its getting over and people are starting to pack up there might be more willing to cut a better deal.....

x2... by the end of the show nobody will want to take stuff home.

Pb LMB - 4.6lbs
Pb SMB - 4.1lbs

Looking for a 5+ this year

#15 5bass

5bass

Team Fat Boy...Mid Atlantic Regional Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,079 posts

Posted February 01 2010 - 06:34 PM

If you're going to the Expo to strictly look for deals on tackle, there are some to be had, dont get me wrong but it's probably not what you think it will be.

If you're going just for the experience of going you'll have a great time. Tackle everywhere, rods, reels, pro's walking around and doing mini-seminars, signing autographs, posing for pictures.

Smaller tackle companies that dont get the exposure that the big name brands get are there, brand new shiny bass boats, awesome electronics, door prizes, etc....

It's worth going in my opinion.

www.knuckledownlures.com

Join us: Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Posted Image Report" button when viewing the content.