Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

northern basser

Mn Bass Opener

2 posts in this topic

Went to my dads place in northern MN for the opener this last weekend. It was great to get after some bass again. Last time out was in november of last year. My dad lives near Nevis, which is right between Park Rapids and Walker, MN.

There is a endless amount of different lakes to fish in that area. Our best luck came on some smaller, lower pressured lakes.

Caught several large and smallmouths. I also got to put my new gripper scale to the test. My weekend bests were largemouth= 20.5"/ 5lbs. smallmouth= 18.5"/ 3lbs. Caught quite a few smallmouth that weren't far off the 3lber and several largies in the 2-3.5lb. range.

There is pics on my new phone, but I have to download some sort of driver to transfer them to my PC. Hopefully I can get them on here within the next day.

sounds like a good opener, my best so far this year is only 3.6 but it's early yet.

I am also in minnesota I was in the west metro.