Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nickw234

The Yum Dancing Eel

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone here tried the Dancing eel I saw Bill Dance use it but wondering if it truly works?

There a few other threads around here on the subject.

Honestly, more people than not have reported that it does not work as well as either cranks or quality swimbaits.  You may catch a few on it but it is likely that it will not constantly produce like other baits that have been time tested.  

The reason Bill catches so many hawgs on this bait is because he is constantly fishing small impoundments full of huge, ignorant bass.  Before I get flamed, I am not knocking him...he has more than proved himself and if anyone deserves to constantly fish these its him.  Just be wary of any product that Bill pushes.  He has a reputation of putting his name on just about anything.

I have caught a bunch of bass on them!!!!! The pink one with black dots!

I have two that are going swimming soon.  As soon as i can test them i'll post my results with them.

There hasn't been too many baits that haven't produced fish that i have tried so far.  One time or another it will produce bass.  I'd rather see results during the slow bite than during a frenzy.

TAKE COVER SOMEBODY SAID DANCING EEL   LOL

Isn't this the second time around for this bait?  I have one in an old tackle box that I bought in the late 80's or very early 90's that is the exact same bait as the Dancing Eel.  I think it was a Strike King or Manns product and that Bill was pimping it at that time too.  I never caught a whole lot on it other than when I was fishing ponds where they would bite anything.

Matt