Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backlash17

Large Spools Of Line

5 posts in this topic

I have a chance of getting some large spools of florocarbon. They are 800yd spools. Has anyone had any troubles getting large spools of line, and having it "go Bad" or have "breakage" issues after it staying on the master spool for a long time ? Its the end of the season, I was going to get it now so it would sit for the next 6 months and probly take me two months to go through it all. Any advice would be helpful.

Won't be any problem. I use line thats at least 5 yrs old. Keep it stored out of sunlight, and at a cool constant temp...(basement, closet, etc..) No worries.

Agree. I am still using BPS Excel 20lb mono from a jumbo spool I bought 10 years ago with no problems. It stays in the box on my peg board in my finished basemant.

I buy floro in 2000yd spools. Some of them are at least 2 years old, maybe older and have not had any problems. I do store my line in the basement.................Al

Fluoro is not like nylon that if you don´t store it properly it will go bad, nothing is going to happen if you get large spools of fluoro and store it indefinately, the only thing that could happen over time is that the line will have a lot more memory.