Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinity Mealor

Lake Wedowee

16 posts in this topic

We are going over this weekend to Wedowee and i was looking for some pointers on the lake as i have never fished it. Have any of you fished it or fish it reguraly?

Shad raps #5 in crayfish pattern on mainlake points becareful its way down if you don't know where to run you'll do more damage than good.

Great thanks...we have a center console G3 that can run in 6 inches of water, but we are always careful. Do you fish Wedowee often?

About six or seven times a year I was down there last week getting ready for a club tourny

We have a tournament on March 11th there and we need to go practice a few times.

I'd go its a good lake lots of spotted bass

Good we can catch the spotted bass because they like to school up! We are sitting in 14th out of 108 teams in our trail, trying to break through with our first victory.

It's do able good spots about 41/2 to 5 pounds

I cant wait, we caught some good spots at West Point on a drop shot

I'd give it a try there to if I found them stacked up not very many people fish that technique on this lake

Cool...thanks for the information. How close are you to Wedowee, maybe we could meet up and fish it!?

Im about 2&1/2 hours away but I've got tourneys on lake guntersville for the next four weeks so I wouldn't be able to meet up but maybe next time

Ok good luck, i have fished Guntersville a couple of times...i caught a 6 1/2 pounder out of there last year, of course it was in practice not the tournament.

That's my luck to I caught two over nine on two separate practice days and nothing over 6 on tourney day one week last year

Argh!!! I am looking to break through with a victory, but i am up against some pretty good competition. Have you ever fished in West Georgia Bass club tournaments?

Nope but I'm branching out to more tournys