Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • My PB:Between 4-5 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Potomac River

Posted February 18 2012 - 10:25 PM

First - caution, I am new to posting on forums! Don't yet know what a Topic Tag is but I'll do my homework and find out. :Idontknow:

I'm from Waldorf, Maryland (S.E. of Wash DC) and have been fishing the "Middle Potomac" and it's creeks on the MD side since the mid 80's. I started out like many with a 14' jonboat that I added to over the years until the free-board was almost gone to the water line; then I moved up to a 88' Tracker Tournament TX that took me places a fiberglass boat wouldn't go. I had to take about a decade off due to work travel until I hit retirement, then I dusted off my rods and purchased a used Ranger DVS185 with a 150 Merc. Now I can run the "Middle" from one launch site! :eyebrows:

I make my own Spinner, Buzz, Jigs, Shakers, and soft plastic baits; had to stop the soft plastics though, the wife ran me out of the kitchen. :cry4:

If anyone in the So. MD area would like to join me for a day on the river let me know, I'm looking for another retiree to buddy up with. I would also like someone to show me other locations like Anna, or waters they like. Active military get a free ride.

Hooked some Snakehead out there and would like to do my part to rid the river of them. :dazed-7:

Cheers,

#2 KSRonH

KSRonH

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Locationmulvane, ks
  • My PB:Between 10-11 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:All three

Posted February 19 2012 - 08:12 AM

Hi and welcome to BR

#3 bassfisherjk

bassfisherjk

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts
  • LocationTyrone PA
  • My PB:Between 6-7 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Canoe Creek PA.

Posted February 19 2012 - 10:44 AM

Welcome!

#4 Glenn

Glenn

I love bass fishing!

• BassResource.com Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,458 posts
  • Facebook:bassresource
  • Twitter:bassresourcecom
  • My PB:Between 9-10 lbs
  • Favorite Bass:Largemouth & Smallmouth
  • Favorite Lake or River:Potholes Reservoir, Banks Lake, Columbia River: Tri-Cities.

Posted February 19 2012 - 07:14 PM

Welcome Home!
The people that hate you, don't know you. They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.

Please read the Forum FAQs

Join us:

Become a member for FREE!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by clicking the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#5 WdyCrankbait

WdyCrankbait

One more cast!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • LocationShort Pump, VA
  • My PB:Between 5-6 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:James River; Powahtan lakes, Private Ponds

Posted February 19 2012 - 08:40 PM

Welcome to the Forums sir!!

Fishing keeps me sane.

Bait Monkey victim 2011/2012/2014.

#6 Traveler2586

Traveler2586

Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted February 23 2012 - 03:13 AM

Welcome to the Forums sir!!

I'd like to try the James with you some day if your up for it.

#7 Nitrofreak

Nitrofreak

Professional Underwear Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg Va
  • My PB:Between 8-9 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake Anna Va.

Posted February 23 2012 - 07:31 AM

Welcome to the forum !!!

I work a lot, if you want to go to Anna drop me line and I will try to work it in, if I can't make it, I will be happy to get you familure with that ol girl.
Fishing is my idea of a good lip piercing!

I have also found that when it comes to friends, a good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but best friends will be right there beside you saying d**n that was fun !!!

#8 WdyCrankbait

WdyCrankbait

One more cast!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • LocationShort Pump, VA
  • My PB:Between 5-6 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:James River; Powahtan lakes, Private Ponds

Posted February 24 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'd like to try the James with you some day if your up for it.

Sir, that would be great, but I should be moving to Louisiana in a couple of weeks for a new job. I can put you in contact with some people that know the James river if you want.

Fishing keeps me sane.

Bait Monkey victim 2011/2012/2014.

#9 Traveler2586

Traveler2586

Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 04:46 PM

First - caution, I am new to posting on forums! Don't yet know what a Topic Tag is but I'll do my homework and find out. :Idontknow:

I'm from Waldorf, Maryland (S.E. of Wash DC) and have been fishing the "Middle Potomac" and it's creeks on the MD side since the mid 80's. I started out like many with a 14' Jon boat that I added to over the years until the free-board was almost gone to the water line; then I moved up to a 88' Tracker Tournament TX that took me places a fiberglass boat wouldn't go. I had to take about a decade off due to work travel until I hit retirement, then I dusted off my rods and purchased a used Ranger DVS185 with a 150 Merck. Now I can run the "Middle" from one launch site! :eyebrows:

I make my own Spinner, Buzz, Jigs, Shakers, and soft plastic baits; had to stop the soft plastics though, the wife ran me out of the kitchen. :cry4:

If anyone in the So. MD area would like to join me for a day on the river let me know, I'm looking for another retiree to buddy up with. I would also like someone to show me other locations like Anna, or waters they like. Active military get a free day (no need to share expenses for fuel or launch).

Hooked some Snake head out there and would like to do my part to rid the river of them. :dazed-7:

Cheers,

A year later and the offer still stands.

EDIT 02/05/13 Bass Resource members who are active military, or first responders, with active ID, get a free day; they can share my tackle if their's is not available. PM me for details.

#10 Nitrofreak

Nitrofreak

Professional Underwear Model

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg Va
  • My PB:Between 8-9 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lake Anna Va.

Posted February 05 2013 - 05:14 PM

Not quite a year yet big guy, but close enough.

I left a post asking permission to have Zoff and I come up for a visit in the spring time in the Southeast section, but as we age we have a tendency to look over things , I understand and thats ok buddy !  :laugh5:

And if you wish to learn a few things about Anna still, well I am up for that as well, so lets go fishin !!!

Fishing is my idea of a good lip piercing!

I have also found that when it comes to friends, a good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but best friends will be right there beside you saying d**n that was fun !!!

#11 DarrenM

DarrenM

Kayak Fishing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Virginia
  • My PB:Between 7-8 lbs
  • Favorite Lake or River:Lee Hall Reservoir

Posted February 05 2013 - 06:16 PM

Welcome, Traveler!

-Darren

#12 Traveler2586

Traveler2586

Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 06:52 PM

Not quite a year yet big guy, but close enough.

I left a post asking permission to have Zoff and I come up for a visit in the spring time in the Southeast section, but as we age we have a tendency to look over things , I understand and thats ok buddy !  :laugh5:

And if you wish to learn a few things about Anna still, well I am up for that as well, so lets go fishin !!!

Ya, I think all we need is to set a date :)  I forget where the post is, but it's not needed.  Let me know what looks good for you both.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Middle Potomac, Potomac River, Maryland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users