bass fishing

fishing

fishing
fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

Float Tubes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 senco lover

senco lover

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted March 15 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hi, I have never used a float tube and would like to purchase one for about 120 -180$. Any suggestions.

#2 senco lover

senco lover

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted March 15 2012 - 08:11 PM

15 veiws and no replie. come on..

#3 NebraskaBasser

NebraskaBasser

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted March 15 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hi, I have never used a float tube and would like to purchase one for about 120 -180$. Any suggestions.

Well, you might want to share a little information... that might help. Most tubes are "size-rated". Are you a "normal" guy, or do you have to buy your clothes at the Big & Tall store? For your $120-$180 range, is that just for the TUBE, or the TUBE and all the accessories (fins, waders, etc.) as well?

Do you want a foam seat or inflatable?

If just the TUBE, and you weigh less than 300lbs., then I'd recommend the Creek Company ODC420 (foam seat). You can get them NEW off eBay in your price range. If you want a "light-weight" version, then I'd recommend the ODC420 "Light". You can get the "light" version with pump & fins for less than $180 (on eBay).

It will cost you more, but a really nice tube is the Fat Cat, made by Outcast. (I have both the ODC420 and the <Super> Fat Cat)

Once you get your tube, you'll want to accessorize it. For THOSE considerations, may I suggest the forum (link below) as a great source for everything from rod-holders to trolling motor mounts <really!>!!

http://www.bigfishta...ng_General_F81/

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to contact me directly...

Bob

#4 senco lover

senco lover

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted March 15 2012 - 10:08 PM

im 13 and i weigh 90lb.and id like a inflaitable seat

#5 SoCalFisher

SoCalFisher

Dink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted March 15 2012 - 10:31 PM

Not sure if this is to much. Great tube two of my friends have it and it is great. I have a $90 classic accessories teton float and it work fine for me. http://www.cabelas.c...at-tube-1.shtml

#6 senco lover

senco lover

Minnow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted March 15 2012 - 10:50 PM

does that teton work well

#7 SoCalFisher

SoCalFisher

Dink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted March 15 2012 - 10:54 PM

So far it works great. I have taken it out to the saltwater a few times and a few lakes and it works great. But if you want to sit out of the water then it won't work for you because it's just one of the cloth seats that's in the water.

#8 NebraskaBasser

NebraskaBasser

I Love Bass Fishing!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted March 16 2012 - 10:05 PM

im 13 and i weigh 90lb.and id like a inflaitable seat

Not sure you'll find a tube with an inflatable seat for your price range, at least not a NEW one. My suggestion would be to watch Craig's List and eBay.

Good luck! :angel500: