Okla. Lt. Governor Lamb, Mayor Bartlett to Open Bassmaster Classic Outdoor Expo
TULSA, Okla. – Feb. 20, 2013 – Oklahoma Lieutenant Governor Todd Lamb will join Tulsa Mayor Dewey F. Bartlett, Jr. at noon on Friday, Feb. 22, to officially open the 2013 Bassmaster Classic Outdoor Expo at the Tulsa Convention Center.
Both will take part to cut the ribbon to the entrance to the Outdoor Expo and join fans in taking part of all the event has to offer. The free-admission Expo will be open Friday, Feb. 22, noon to 8 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 23, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, Feb. 24, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHAT: Lt. Governor Todd Lamb and Mayor Dewey F. Bartlett, Jr. to open the Bassmaster Classic Outdoor Expo
WHERE: Tulsa Convention Center, 100 Civic Center, Tulsa, OK 74103
WHEN: Friday, Feb. 22 at noon
One of the newest additions to the Outdoor Expo is the Outdoor Games Zone. Its anchor is a 30,000-gallon swimming pool — for dogs, that is. The pool is for the Super Retriever Series (SRS) Eukanuba Super Dock event, a dog-jumping competition that Classic fans can watch and follow over the same three days of angler competition. Not all the dogs will be Labradors, but all can jump, and spectacularly so.
Just for Classic fans, the SRS event organizer, Dancin’ Dog Productions of Little Rock, Ark., is adding an audience participation segment. Fans selected from the audience will be given the opportunity to get up on the Zone stage and experience a little something of what it takes to get a dog to jump as far as it can over — and into — water.
Other fun segments are planned, such as Ducks and Dogs and Casting with Pro Fishermen. Pool activities will change frequently.
Also in the Zone will be the Daisy Inflatable Shooting Education Range. Trained volunteers from the National Wild Turkey Federation will be on hand to show kids ages 10 and up how to safely handle and fire BBs from a Daisy airgun. The Daisy range is a fully enclosed tunnel, and an adult volunteer will stay with each child. Kids will receive their paper targets to take home.
The Zone will be open from noon to 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 22; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 23; and 10 a.m.to 2:45 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 24.
The Outdoor Games Zone will be just one section of the 150,000-square-foot, 180-exhibitor Bassmaster Classic Outdoors Expo presented by Dick’s Sporting Goods in the Tulsa Convention Center.
- Bassmaster Classic Outdoors Expo presented by Dick’s Sporting Goods: Tulsa Convention Center; Friday, Feb. 22, noon-8 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 23, 10 a.m.-7 p.m., and Sunday, Feb. 24, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Super Retriever Series (SRS) Eukanuba Super Dock: Friday-Sunday at the Tulsa Convention Center; Outdoor Games Zone. Begins at noon Friday, Feb. 22, and at 10 a.m., Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24.
- Daisy Inflatable Shooting Education Range: Friday-Sunday, Feb. 22-24, at the Tulsa Convention Center; Outdoor Games Zone.
- Timberworks Lumberjack Show powered by STIHL: Saturday-Sunday, Feb. 23-24, at the BOK Center; doors open at 3 p.m.
- Carhartt Bassmaster College Series exhibition event: Sunday, Feb. 24, at the BOK Center; doors open at 3 pm.
- Folds of Honor: BOK Center and Tulsa Convention Center; all day, Feb. 22-24. This not-for-profit organizations, which aims to give back to the families of soldiers killed or disabled, will have a booth at the EXPO.
- Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma Donations Site: Tulsa Convention Center; all day, Feb. 22-24.
- Weigh-in shows: BOK Center; Friday-Sunday, Feb. 22-24; doors open at 3 p.m.
2013 Bassmaster Classic Official Sponsors: Toyota, Bass Pro Shops, Berkley, Evan Williams Bourbon, Humminbird, Mercury, Minn Kota, Nitro Boats, Skeeter Boats, Triton Boats, Yamaha
2013 Bassmaster Classic Presenting Sponsor: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tulsa
2013 Bassmaster Classic EXPO Presenting Sponsor: Dick’s Sporting Goods
2013 Bassmaster Classic Official Apparel Sponsor: Carhartt
2013 Bassmaster Classic Proud Partner: Mustang Survival