OPTIMA Batteries Introduces New Rewards and Circuits for 2013
March 12, 2013 (MILWAUKEE) – In addition to enticing anglers with the opportunity to win extra cash this season, OPTIMA® Batteries is offering anglers the chance to win a day on the water with professional bass angler Edwin Evers as part of its OPTIMA True Blue Marine Rewards program.
OPTIMA Batteries today announced the beginning of the fourth year of the True Blue Marine Rewards program to anglers across the U.S. This year’s season welcomes back a number of popular circuits and a few new ones including the Florida Federation Nation, Georgia South Division of Fishers of Men and Master’s Walleye Circuit.
OPTIMA’s True Blue Marine Rewards program, designed to reward anglers who use OPTIMA BLUETOP® products in their tournament boat, will pay the top-finishing, contingency-qualified team a cash prize of up to $1,000 with an added incentive in certain events that pay a higher amount for any team that wins the event. This year anglers have the chance to bring home more than a collective $24,000 in cash rewards as well as free OPTIMA product at select events.
“We are really excited about adding Edwin Evers to this year’s True Blue program,” said Cam Douglass, director of marketing and product development for OPTIMA. “Anglers who qualify for True Blue cash in 2013 will be thrown into a drawing. At the end of the year we will pick one person to win the fishing trip of a lifetime! The best part is the more times you win, the more times your name gets thrown into the hat.”
OPTIMA Batteries has specifically chosen circuits and tournaments that include a variety of states with strong participation from serious tournament anglers, in addition to a strong history of ethics, resource management and community involvement. Circuits and events selected for the OPTIMA True Blue Marine Rewards program include:
- NEW: Florida Federation Nation(Florida) - $150 for top True Blue finisher
- NEW: The Georgia South Division of Fishers of Men(Georgia) - $100 for top True Blue finisher, $500 if top finisher wins tournament
- NEW: Master’s Walleye Circuit(Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin) - $200 for top True Blue finisher in each qualifying event
- Minnesota Pro-Team Bass Tour(Minnesota) - $200 for top True Blue finisher in all nine team events
- Bad Bass Champs Tournament Trail(Ohio) – $100 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $500 if top finisher wins tournament – includes five qualifying events and the championship
- North American Bass Circuit(Georgia, Minnesota, South Carolina, Wisconsin) - $200 for top True Blue finisher in each qualifying event
- Wisconsin Association of Bass Tournament Anglers(Wisconsin) - $150 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $500 if top finishing team wins the tournament
- BBT Bass(Michigan) - $150 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $500 if top finishing team wins the tournament
- Sturgeon Bay Open Bass Tournament(Wisconsin) - $1,000 for top True Blue finisher, $2,000 if top finishing team wins the tournament
“OPTIMA’s products are second to none, and have been a big help to me on a professional level,” said Edwin Evers. “The True Blue Marine Rewards program provides a great opportunity to recoup some of angler’s investment and makes it more attractive for them to upgrade to a superior product. After fishing some of these tournaments in the past, I look forward to playing a larger role this year on behalf of OPTIMA and meeting more anglers.”
In order to qualify for contingency money in any event, anglers must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have all OPTIMA batteries in the tournament boat. NO OTHER brand of 12-volt batteries is allowed on-board for any reason.
- Have a provided OPTIMA decal on their boat (must be on drivers windshield, back of main engine or on side of boat above waterline).
- Turn in within 10 days of the tournament: a properly filled out contingency form signed by tournament director; photo of both team members holding OPTIMA winners certificate; and written testimonial about the performance of OPTIMA batteries.
A complete set of official rules for the OPTIMA True Blue Marine Rewards program and specific cash rewards for each tournament is available at www.optimabatteries.com/trueblue.
Anglers interested in taking the first step in qualifying for “True Blue” cash rewards can find OPTIMA BLUETOP batteries at a variety of marine and automotive retailers throughout North America and on OPTIMA’s ecommerce site, http://shop.optimabatteries.com. For help on choosing the right batteries for any application, advice on proper care and maintenance of batteries, consumers can visit www.optimabatteries.com.Bass Boating News