OPTIMA Batteries Adds New Events to 2012 True Blue Marine Rewards Program
MILWAUKEE – Now in its third year, OPTIMA Batteries is pleased to announce the continuation of its national True Blue Marine Rewards Program to anglers across the U.S. New for the 2012 season OPTIMA will be adding the Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo and Big Bass Bonanza circuit in Minnesota to its roster of events. The program will also include a number of returning circuits that were new in 2011 such as Reel Deal Tournaments (Michigan), Bad Bass Champs Tournament Trail (Ohio) and the North American Bass Circuit spanning Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
OPTIMA’s True Blue program, designed to reward anglers who use OPTIMA product in their tournament boat, will pay the top-finishing, contingency-qualified team a cash prize of up to $1,000 with an added incentive in certain events that pay a higher amount for any team that wins the event. This year anglers have the chance to bring home more than a collective $20,000 in cash rewards as well as free OPTIMA product at select events.
This year OPTIMA is offering anglers an extra incentive to secure their BlueTop® batteries early with the recent announcement of its national rebate promotion. When anglers purchase OPTIMA battery products between now and May 31, 2012 at participating retailers they will receive a $25 rebate on each battery (up to four) when they fill out and mail in their rebate form with copy of receipt. Anglers can find more information and download a copy of the rebate form at http://optimabatteries.com/rebate.
“Our True Blue program gives anglers a great reason to try our BlueTop batteries, and show them the difference the Ultimate Power Source™ can make,” said Cam Douglass, director of marketing and product development for OPTIMA. “Hopefully our national rebate promotion will entice more anglers to purchase OPTIMA Batteries, and participate in the True Blue program to earn even more cash.”
OPTIMA Batteries has specifically chosen circuits and tournaments with strong participation from serious tournament anglers, in addition to a strong history of ethics, resource management and community involvement. Circuits and events selected for the OPTIMA Batteries True Blue program include:
• NEW: Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo – July 20-22, 2012 (Alabama) - $1,000 for top True Blue finisher, $2,000 if top True Blue finisher wins the Master Angler award
• NEW: Big Bass Bonanza circuit (Minnesota) - $200 for top True Blue finisher in all four qualifying events and the final tournament
• Reel Deal Tournaments (Michigan) - $100 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $500 if top finisher wins tournament
• Bad Bass Champs Tournament Trail (Ohio) – $100 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $500 if top finisher wins tournament – includes five qualifying events and the championship
• North American Bass Circuit (Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota) - $250 for top True Blue finisher in each qualifying event
• Excel Bass circuit (Minnesota) - $200 for top True Blue finisher in five team series and four single series events
• Wisconsin Association of Bass Tournament Anglers (WABTA) - $150 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $500 if top finishing team wins the tournament
• Big Bucks Bass (Wisconsin and Illinois) - $100 for top True Blue finisher in each event, including all 21 qualifying events and the 2012 Championship
• BBT Bass (Michigan) - $150 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $500 if top finishing team wins the tournament
• Sturgeon Bay Open Bass Tournament - May 18-20, 2012 (Sturgeon Bay, Wis.) - $1,000 for top True Blue finisher, $2,000 if top finishing team wins the tournament
• International Falls Bass Championship – August 23-25, 2012 (International Falls, Minn.) - $500 for top True Blue finisher, $1,000 if top finishing team wins the tournament
In order to qualify for contingency money in any event, anglers must fulfill the following criteria:
• Be current members of OPTIMA Batteries’ Power Pack Nation, OPTIMA’s own online community, prior to the beginning of the event. Participants can sign up for free at www.powerpacknation.com.
• Have all OPTIMA batteries in the tournament boat. NO OTHER brand of 12-volt batteries is allowed on-board for any reason.
• Have a provided OPTIMA decal on their boat (must be on drivers windshield, back of main engine or on side of boat above waterline).
• Turn in within 10 days of the tournament: a properly filled out contingency form signed by tournament director; photo of both team members holding OPTIMA winners certificate; and written testimonial about the performance of OPTIMA batteries.
A complete set of official rules for the OPTIMA Batteries True Blue program and specific cash rewards for each tournament is available at www.optimabatteries.com/trueblue.
Anglers interested in taking the first step in qualifying for “True Blue” cash rewards can find OPTIMA BlueTop batteries at a variety of marine and automotive retailers throughout North America and on OPTIMA’s ecommerce site, http:// shop.optimabatteries.com. For help on choosing the right batteries for any application, advice on proper care and maintenance of batteries, consumers can visit www.optimabatteries.com.