unhbass37

Anyone Have Any Luck In Southern Nh Yet? (4/6/12)

4,554 posts in this topic

Received a invite to join the New Hampshire Aluminum Fishing Series has anyone heard of them? They upped the engine size to 150hp. So now my Tracker Avalanche qualifies.

1 person likes this

Still able to get out.Last Sunday had 6 inches of good ice and caught a few largemouth.

GOPR0067-0001.jpg

2 people like this

Got a few pics from last Friday out on the Nashua River, during the snow showers we had. Got 4 pickerel on the jerkbait, no bass. Went out again this Saturday and the coves and banks iced over again from the storms. Went from Tilton to Golf Course and back....nothing.

IMG_20170310_115835571.jpg

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Phil_NH said:

Got a few pics from last Friday out on the Nashua River, during the snow showers we had. Got 4 pickerel on the jerkbait, no bass. Went out again this Saturday and the coves and banks iced over again from the storms. Went from Tilton to Golf Course and back....nothing.

IMG_20170310_115835571.jpg

Your doing more fishing then I am at the moment have fun.

1 person likes this

March 3 / 4     39 degree water .....   rage craw weightless ,green with white under and green with redish under.    no hard hit  , just little tugs and then hook sets

th_20170308_172118.jpg

th_20170310_173413.jpg

th_20170310_173419.jpg

th_20170310_173424.jpg

th_20170310_173429.jpg

5 people like this

Need to post something to get away from 666 posts. Just picked up a Johnny Morris spinning reel for my wacky rig rod.

1 person likes this

Bobh65.  I have seen there name on nh tournament list and have tried to get a hold of I just bought new triton and would love to participate if you have any contact info you can pass on that would be super. 

(without giving away top secret locations) where are you guys most excited to fish this year once the ice is all gone?

I've got a couple honey holes for the kayak but I'm pretty excited to get out on Winni for a tournament next month.

1 person likes this

Going out fishing in the Rindge area today. I'll let you know how I do!

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, OneShotOneKill said:

(without giving away top secret locations) where are you guys most excited to fish this year once the ice is all gone?

I've got a couple honey holes for the kayak but I'm pretty excited to get out on Winni for a tournament next month.

Same for me- Winni. I meant to try it out last year but never did. Is that a kayak tournament?

I finally found one, first bass of 2017. Real tiny guy but it still counts :) 

IMG_20170410_131517927.jpg

2 people like this

20 hours ago, OneShotOneKill said:

Swains and Greateast will be on my list for first place to fish.

I have a pond I did well at at the end of last summer. Not sure how it will be now but I have a fish finder this year to help me find the deep water structure.

21 hours ago, Phil_NH said:

Same for me- Winni. I meant to try it out last year but never did. Is that a kayak tournament?

the one on winni is a regular tounament. I wouldn't mind getting into some kayak tournaments. seems like it would be pretty fun.

I could be out on Squam next week.  The lower river heard the dam is clear and I hope to hit it Saturday 

IMG_2404.thumb.PNG.0ef6a164a2d8166f6ca47bcef4c095f1.PNG

Last Thursday I got out for 2 and a half hours in Southern NH and was locating fish on my Lowrance in the 10-14 foot range. I didnt see any activity from bluegill up shallow so I fished a brown/purple jig painfully slow on some deeper drop-offs. The only bite of the day was this chunky, 5.5 pound largemouth. Not a bad way to start the season!    

5 people like this

Got out in the kayak for the first time this season was out for around 2 hours had to deal with alot of wind but landed one pickerel better then nothing just good to be back on the water. 

1 person likes this

Been out 3 time recently just can't get into em lol only one landed on jerkbait and one came unbuttoned at boat on a jig. Oh well sure feels great to be out on water again.

1 person likes this

Finally got out in the kayak on sunday. Got about a half dozen between 1-2 lbs. Jerkbait, crankbait, jig. I think it could have been a much better day but the 30MPH wind gusts make things real frustrating in a kayak sometimes.

1 person likes this

Got out for a few hours Saturday and Sunday. Nothing big. All between 1and 2#. But still nice to get out. Also dealing with slot of wind in the yak it's difficult. Also got lots of smaller pickerel and a decent yellow perch

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

3 people like this

Hitting the water Sunday.  Looking for my first fish of the year.

1 person likes this

Went out today got on 5 fish total. Glide bait and a hudd 68 took these bad boys 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 people like this

First fishing trip of the season failed. I got 100 yards from shore in my jon boat and the trolling motor battery died. There was a bit of a breeze so fishing with a paddle would have been too difficult. I charged it yesterday and charger said it was charged. Must be a bad battery.

Slow day, I associate that with the tough conditions I was faced with (no wind, bluebird-skies etc.).  Hitting Wickwas Lake tomorrow with a buddy.  Hoping to get onto a few of them.

Went out Sunday for a few hours on the kayak.  Got 2 bass, a pickerel and a few bluegill - all on a Rebel Pop-r. Lots of surface activity on the Nashua.

2 people like this