Sign in to follow this  
NHBassMaster2

Abu Garcia Orra Or Bps Pro Qualifier?

In the market for a new rod/reel and narrowed it down to these two. I have always loved Abu stuff, but I've read so many good things on the BPS PQ that it intrigues me. Any suggestions? I'd like to stay at this price point.

Probably can't go wrong with either but since I have never used the orra cant really say anything about it. But I own many pqs and variations there of and all of them have been super reliable

I appreciate the response. Since I missed the sale at BPS on the Qualifiers, I don't think it matters at this point. Probably going to go with the Orra paired with a Varitas rod.

Orra on a Veritas. You won't regret it!

I have a Orra SX paired with a 7' Veritas MH action rod, for the money I have no complaints.

I did however have birdbesting issues with the Orra when I 1st purchased the reel, after doing research I read that it was not uncommon of this problem, but the solution was simple, clean the excess oil out of it, mine was too heavy on the oil. After that I have not had any issues.

I've used both. Go with the Pro Qualifier for sure.

I've used both. Go with the Pro Qualifier for sure.

PQ for me! They go on sale alot!

I have two of my Pro Qualifier reels paired with Veritas rods. They work very well as a combo: good balance, good looking, etc.

The Orra feels good though. I played with one up a couple of weeks ago. You probably can't go wrong with either reel.

Don't spend much more time thinking. Just get out there and do some fishin'.

i remember reading about an bearing issue with the orras on this board. also, check the reviews on TW...more than a few complaints about the anti-reverse going out.

I have three PQ's and they are just about the best baitcaster out there for the money. I don't think my Curado is all that much better even.

The PQ is on sale again as of today ( 4-16 ) . I just did get my flyer it the mail today and the PQ is on sale for $ 79.99 =$20 bucks off. GOOD DEAL!

get the PQ. No questions asked.

Id go the PQ route for sure on that 1.

Going down to BPS today and getting the PQ and the Veritas real. Luckily the PQ's are on sale again. Not a bad combo for $180.