Sign in to follow this  
ShawnMull103

New To The Forum

Hey everyone,

My names Shawn and getting into fishing. I'm pretty new and want to get that rod in the water. I've been waiting for some springtime and it's here!

I have a Bass Pro Bait Caster and typically fish a Wacky Rig with a small weight. It was easy to set up and great to start with. It's been working well but I'm now exploring some different rigs to help me nail some harder to reach spots. I'm thinking a Texas rig will be nice (lots of lilly pads around here) and a sliding weight. Any recommendations would be great.

Basically all I've got down is how to cast nice, far and straight. Now I'm focusing on rigs then I'll focus on some presentation. I want to become a good fisherman with some good knowledge in the tackle box. Problem is I don't really have anyone helping me along and you could get lost with the 1000 different rigs, hooks, live bait/ soft bait etc. Not to mention types of rods and other goodies.

So I've got the rod I like, I can cast it well and here comes the next step which everyone seems to have a strong opinion on haha.

So yea new guy... don't know much but I love being out there.

don't know much but I love being out there.

Welcome....This Is a great place to learn; many articles, ask any question and you'll get several answers and as always, take what you want and leave what you can!

Lastly, never quit having fun while you're out on the water!

Welcome Home!