Sign in to follow this  
AirbusAngler

Strange Trend Forming While Bass Fishing At Night

So I have a little fishing spot that I dont think gets fished too much, at least if it does they are novice anglers (not saying im a pro or anywhere near that!) But I keep fishing at night because 1 I work during the day and 2 its 110+ here in AZ during the daylight hours. But what I am noticing is every time I go out at night I can only seem to catch fish on my custom made jigs. I throw top water, spinner baits, and a few other soft plastics but nothing works besides the jig. I am not complaining but just a little puzzled because I thought spinners and top water baits would have more attraction to the fish when its dark out. I even catch some bass on moonless nights under the bridge where there are no lights and the water is a little murkey. Are these fish just really skiddish and only want quiet suddle presentations?

Maybe u are not being dedicated enough with other baits. I do this sometimes.. Put on a bait throw it three times and get the other pole back out again.

The lake needs to have shoreline cover; weeds and brush to attract night time prey to hide in. Sparse cover, the bass tend to target other night prey like crawdads. What is better to use than a jig to imitate a crawdad? Where I night fish it's a deep structured rocky lake and rarely use top water lures 1 hour after dark. My lure choices are; T-rigged Uptons or Power worms in 10" to 12" black or black grape w/blue neon bloodline, blacl/purple hair jigs with pork trailers and Norman DD22 crank baits in black or red/black. The top water I will use is a double buzzer.

Keep it simple at night and you will be rewarded!

Tom

I fish a lake that is a great night fishing lake, as long as you're using a jig. They'll eat a worm but nothing like the jig. I was pleased to discover that they will eat a black and blue chatterbait really well though. They won't touch a spinnerbait but the chatterbait they loved. A blue jig with a sapphire blue trailer is what I fish a majority of the time though.