Sign in to follow this  
traceyfo

New Bass Raider

Can someone please explain to me how the wiring works on the pre wired boat?I plan on putting the battery in the back with the trolling motor. I have a battery box that has built in circuit breakers and you attache battery wires to the outside of the box. I'm wondering about the plug in front of the boat. If I attached motor wires directly to battery does that mean there's no way to make use of the plug unless I have another battery?thanks. Ive read all the pages on the bass raider but no one. Has talked about it. I know I could try battery in front but I think the weight will be needed more in back.

You may want to think about putting the trolling motor in front. I have read plenty of posts that said they work better in front. Just giving an idea.

Mike

I have the same boat Tracy and I dont use the pre wired set up I have my battery and mototr in the back like you I just connect the motor wires to my battery.

The 'pre-wired' aspect only makes sense if you mount the motor at the bow. The battery stays in the stern and makes for improved balance. If ou do decide to mount up front, you will need to buy a male plug for the trolling motor leads. I ended up buying a complete male and female set and replaced the one that came with the boat. It was cheaper that way than having to purchase the male from Pelican. Don't forget that you still need to supply power to your fishfinder (assuming you have one) somehow.

Ove the years I've had a couple of the little pond boats like you've got. The easiest way to power your depth finder is with a second battery. A little lawn mower or motorcycle battery will have plenty of power to run your depth finder all day and it will last for a couple of seasons as long as you pay attention to keeping it charged between fishing trips.

You can find plans to make a battery box/ depth finder mount out of plywood. It is common to see boxes like this used for ice fishing, cause that makes the unit and battery easier to tote around.

Thanks everyone. I had a great day today considering the launch was loaded in weeds. I had the motor and battery in back and was moving along very good even with the wind blowing. I didn't use the boat wiring at all. Cant wait to go again