Sign in to follow this  
paul.

Z-Man Flappin' Crawz

looking for a new jig trailer. these z-man flappin crawz look like just the thing. i like the looks and i like the price. less than 5 bucks for 8 baits that are super hard to tear up sounds pretty good. anyone used these? opinions?

I have a couple bags that I bought for jig trailers as well. Haven't used them a ton but they have worked pretty well so far. A couple things, the material has a tendency to stick together so the claws at least need some kind of slippery scent so they don't stick together. Second, the claws are not as durable as I had hoped. First one I used I missed my first bite on a jig and the fish bit both pinchers off. I've had a couple jump and throw the claws off as well. They're tougher to keep up on the hook also and have a tendency to slide down and ride on the bend of the hook. Overall they are a good bait for a trailer and they last longer than any other craw trailer I've used.

you really need a trailer keeper or glue when using these. Might want to heat the hook up when first threading it onto hook as well.

looking for a new jig trailer

That's pretty surprising.

Lol...

I personally haven't had to look for any replacement for the Rage Craw.

why?

Lol...

congratulations.

Lol...

Love my Rage craws too but these have a more subdued action and because they last longer they're a good option for when I'm fun fishing or when the fish don't seem to care what trailer I'm using. I like that the claws float up at rest so they work well for slow presentations and since the whole bait floats you can slow your jigs fall without bulking it up with a big trailer, which can be critical at times.

thanks a lot Bluebasser and Bass Cats for some useful information. i really think the z-man palmetto bug has some promise too, but i haven't found anywhere you can order them yet. i've always been a sucker for the elaztech stuff.

Paul, the palmetto bug is cool for sure ;) I provided them with the idea and design for the ribbed body etc. to provide a much softer texture... It also helps to avoid the tacky situation that is inherent with that material, so that it doesn't stick to timber grass etc when flipping in the trash!