mg4u2nv

Haulover Inlet

Anybody on her know how accessable the haulover inlet is. I know it is part of Haulover Park, but if its a county park then i assume there are time restrictions when you can get to it(i.e. sunrise to sunset). I would try to be there just an hour before until an hour after sunrise. Just thinking of another inlet to try out, Port Everglades is hard to get to before sunrise. And Dania beach has been kind of tough for me lately, just want to try a different spot, change of scenery. Thank you in advance.

Matt

Not only in my area but reports I'm getting tell me you have to head way north or way south to get a good bite now, it's has been very slow.

Can't speak of Haulover (except the nude beach, lol) but Pt Everglades is too restricted now, years ago access was easier.

I haven't fished Hillsboro so I'm not sure about parking, but I am sure about Boca inlet and Boynton inlet. Boca has a a limited number of spaces open 24 hours for parking across A1A and just north of the bridge, it's a few blocks to get to the jettie. https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205722576351840746262.0004c6f6f4b62c4bad0d3&msa=0&ll=26.341374,-80.07211&spn=0.000623,0.001254. Boynton, where I do most of my fishing, has 2 jetties, beach access and ICW access too. There is free parking and it's open 24 hours, extremely safe with a police presence coming in to patrol. Here is some beach info that may be useful.

http://www.inshore.c...abeach.htm#PALM

I will certainly keep boynton and boca in mind. They are a big hike for me though coming from pembroke pines. Port Everglades is a real pain, the only way is to park at the dania pier and walk over 2 miles to the inlet. Hillsboro is pretty much the same if you can find parking south of the inlet. I'll research some more about haulover and if all else fails i can try boca or boynton. I really appreciate the info! Thank you again!

Matt