TNBassin'

Thoughts On October's Mtb? No Spoilers!

For those that subcribe and have gotten the October box, are you happy with what's in it? I'm still waiting on mine, and I'm sure others are too so please NO SPOILERS! Thanks.

Great stuff again, got mine today. I was surprised they fit everything in there.

• Like 1

Is MTB tailoring their bait selection to the time of year? Did we get some nice fall lures??

As above, I dont know how they got it all in the box. Not exactly what I was looking for as I already have way to much of these types of items, but the quality level of the items is amazing as compared to like products. Two of them in particular I can't wait to see in the water. If nothing else they definitly fulfilled my estimation of what their vendors expectation of the deliverable would be. They put a product in my hands that I never would have known about any other way and I am impressed enough at just first glance that I think I have a new name brand I will be shopping for.

..and it was pretty darn fun getting the box and opening it....

• Like 1

Great stuff again, got mine today. I was surprised they fit everything in there.

The box is smaller in length/width than the plastic bags inside. I kept pulling the bags out ... another? and another!? and another!!

It will probably take me all month to lose all the stuff from this box. They are high quality lures from a small brand. I wish there was more terminal tackle this month though.

As above, I dont know how they got it all in the box. Not exactly what I was looking for as I already have way to much of these types of items, but the quality level of the items is amazing as compared to like products. Two of them in particular I can't wait to see in the water. If nothing else they definitly fulfilled my estimation of what their vendors expectation of the deliverable would be. They put a product in my hands that I never would have known about any other way and I am impressed enough at just first glance that I think I have a new name brand I will be shopping for.

..and it was pretty darn fun getting the box and opening it....

I'm going to modify my previous comment. Three of them I can't wait to see in the water....

...how's your patience holding up?

:-P

Checked the mail today and nothing. Like waiting for Christmas...

Mine showed up, surprised I'm usually the last one to get it. Very pleased. Lots of new stuff to try out.......

USPS' tracking system is horrible. I can't even find out where mine is at or when to expect it.

• Like 1

USPS' tracking system is horrible. I can't even find out where mine is at or when to expect it.

It tracked mine with no problem. Maybe your shipment got messed up?

Me and my girlfriend both subscribe and neither one will track.

Got mine today, ironically I use some baits already, they are a local company. Like their Super Dipper, which is not part of this package, going to try some in the backyard pond.

I'll be the first to say that I'm a little disappointed. I'll comment later.....something on the order of "all your eggs in one basket." The quality looks nice, however.

• Like 1

I heard they were all a specific brand.

www.mysteryracklebox.com is where u need to go.

There is a image link on the right side by the sponsors of the site too.

got mine today....

mixed feelings. while there are one or 2 that i had some curiousity about before and am glad i will now get to check out. i was disappointed that they were all one brand and basically one technique. but, i will say that all seem to be good quality stuff and will find the water.

and, i too wish there were more terminal tackle items as well as another technique.

BUT the amount of baits was very good and was pleased with that!

since this was my 1st box and i got it for the $4.99 special.... i am pleased.... if it were a $15 box i may feel different??

gotta say that i was anxiously waiting.... that part is fun. :)

and will keep my subscription to see what comes next monthand will evaluate from there...

Got mine today, and I have to say that I'm disappointed. As noted above, they are all pretty much one technique and I already have a ton of this stuff on hand anyway. Also, the amount in the packs is disappointing and this box feels much more like a sampler than anything, which if you read the card it is. For this time of year, I was hoping for some hard top water lures or shallow cranks. Something along the lines of what was in August's box. I'll give it another go next month, but if it's not vastly better my $15 will go to BPS instead.

• Like 1

A couple of thoughts after reading some comments.

Mtb asked a while back if everyone would rather have a lot of samples or a couple of full packs. The consensus was very much that everyone would like samples. I believe that is why this box has a bunch of samples. We asked for it.

Just because they are plastics does NOT mean they are the same technique. A swimbait is not the same as a fluke, neither is a beaver style bait same as a ten inch worm. Agree a couple are close to the same like the two different beaver baits but that's about it.

I'm fine with the same brand but could see where some people might not so I will stay neutral on that :)

MTB has done a good job of mixing up their baits that are packed in. For me seeing that we got all soft plastics was a bit of a let down, but there are a few baits in here I'm eager to try. August's box would've been perfect for fall fishing, and I was hoping we'd get more stuff along those lines.

I was dissapointed as well. I liked the fluke and the 10" worm, but everything else was well, will probably never get used. I liked the bait cards they used before in the previous boxes talking about techniques or presentations for each bait. These just had the names of the bait on one card. I kinda felt like I got short changed.

The craws were dead ringers for the Paca Craws and the little worms were Zoom Trick worms ringers. The toads, were matched up to the Ribbit frogs too. I know companies will knock off each others products and call it something different, but if you do, you need to add some different sent, salt or sell it to me for one hellova price.

I would like to have seen the hooks have a size on them and the weight of the weighted hook. I thought more of the hooks would have been cool too. I assume after matching them up against my others, they are 5/0 and the weight is 1/4 oz???

Last months box we got a jig, chatterbait, trailers/craws and a wacky rig set up. 4-5 different ways to fish baits. This box, basically 1-2.

I know the whole idear is to give us a sample of different baits to use and I respect that, but last months box had 5 wacky worms and 6 trailers (kick arse trailers I might add). Half my packages had 2 or 3 baits this time.

One a side note the plastics look and feel well built. No nasty left over plastic from the molding etc. The 10" worm in what ever color they call it, I will probably be buying more of when they have it listed. I liked the color and the backbone of the worm is different from anything I have ever seen so I am assuming same goes for the fish.

I'm hoping next months box will have atleast different brands. All of the same brand of bait (minus the hooks) Kinda feels like your throwing it all in my face at once. No disrespect to Bruiser baits, but they are not Strike King or Berkley etc where we know their quality and trust it. I felt that say.... no more than 2-3 Brusiers would have been better.

A suggestion for MTB, Septembers box covered the spectrum pretty good aside from needing a plastic for T-rigging. Thats something to go off of. I think the majority of people signed up for October's box simply because of what cool stuff we got in September. Thats gonna be hard for to say the same about next months.

I may be way to critical and my no means am I bashing what MTB is doing. Its only box #3 and there are alot more to go.

I for the life of my cant figure their tracking out. I wonder if its not a tracking # more just a delivery conformation #. It showes its been dispatched until it arrives. Then it shows all the stops?