Amoore9900

Indiana In Cold

Went yesterday it was 34 in the morning and about 45 when we went fishing....we found some fish at the mouth of a channel and we got 5 fish and lost 3 at the boat...a number of the fish hit right at the boat.....got one 1 niche fat fish.

What were you throwing?

All but one of the fish came on a chartreuse kvd 2.5 the other fish came on a crawfish kvd 2.5 the kvd 2.5 has produced here since march.

Another question. Did you fish up in the channel with no luck or just fished the mouth?

The lake is a 100 acre private lake that I would say has produced more bass over 5 pounds per acre then any lake north of AL or Fla. The channel is a 40 yard channel about a boat and 1/2 wide that connects the main lake with a smaller 15 acre lake which the main river flows into then onto the big lake..the channel is about 2 to 4 feet deep....We fished the mouth of the channel and did real well...we didn't go into the channel we stayed on the main lake...we then fished the shore about 150 yards fishing some points and another creek mouth..(this one doesn't have the water current the other one has) got no bites....we then fished a island that has produced tons of 5 to 8 pound fish...it is in the middle with deep water on all sides...we got no bites....by now it is late and the temp has really dropped...we then went to the other end and fished this rock well about 100 yards that has produced 5 to 10 pound fish....we got one small fish hanging in the rocks....it seems the fish were waiting at the mouth for the shad to carry through the channel into the main lake then they were attacking...the time before this I went out similar weather..I got a few at the mouth of the channel then I got a 5 pounder near the other channel...we are going to try again in a few hours (it is 38 now) and we are going to fish the channel then go through the channel fish it and then fish the other end of the channel around where it starts....we also fished boat docks but got no bites...

nice. im going to a local lake tomorrow in michigan its going to be in the mid 40s should try throwing squarebills

Sounds like you had a great time! What time of day was it?

nice. im going to a local lake tomorrow in michigan its going to be in the mid 40s should try throwing squarebills

How did you do?

We went out today from noon to 4 and got 14 fish the biggest was a nice 5 pounder also got a 3.25 and a 2.5...the 5 pounder had a big fish in his mouth I think a crappie or a shad..most of the fish came on strike king crankbait 3 came on on other crankbaits and the 5 pounder came on a jig.