russe048

Fishing Deep Water With A Flutter Spoon

I learned a new technique last weekend that I wanted to share with you all. I found a school of baitfish and bass on my depth finder at close to 40 ft deep. The only way I could catch them was using a flutter spoon. I caught a seven pounder so now I am hooked on this technique for late fall and winter fishing! Below is a video I made showing my fishing trip.

• Like 3

Welcome! I have always been a fan of your vids so Ill check this one out.

Fill me on on using flutter spoons guys. I've never tried them but I know when the pros hit my lake they use them.

Very good video. I've had very limited success with a flutter spoon, still trying to crack that code. Going to be giving one some time to produce for me Wednesday though.

Flutter spoons work best when you have a school of shad, imo, or almost any bait fish, letting the spoon fall through the bait ball or school and ripping it up will scatter the shad momentarily, the action of the flutter spoon falling back through the bait represents a injured bait fish and the bass will hit it.

Spoons will also work great on shell type embankments or beds, but the most success I have had is around schools of fish.

Excellent video and congrats, really nice job !!!!

i dont always catch fish on a flutter spoon. But when the flutter spoon bite is on, it is one of my favorite ways to catch fish.

I've always loved watching your vids on youtube! Glad to see you made it here, those are some good lookin fish!

Spoon-feeding fish can be extremely effective. In the right situation at the right time, it's lights out. The one and only spoon to use is the original. They're tough to get sometimes, but well worth it. All others are imitations that just don't perform the same.

flutter spoons work great, but do not limit yourself to a flutter spoon. many times when the bass get deep, a jigging spoon will outfish a flutter spoon. a jigging spoon with get to depth much quicker than a flutter spoon also.

bo

flutter spoons work great, but do not limit yourself to a flutter spoon. many times when the bass get deep, a jigging spoon will outfish a flutter spoon. a jigging spoon with get to depth much quicker than a flutter spoon also.

bo

That's one of the main reasons I can't fish a flutter spoon I think. I know how to fish a jigging spoon and I've caught lots of fish on a jigging spoons so I usually switch to them too fast probably.

That's one of the main reasons I can't fish a flutter spoon I think. I know how to fish a jigging spoon and I've caught lots of fish on a jigging spoons so I usually switch to them too fast probably.

you fish them the same whether casting or jigging up and down. just remember to keep a belly in your line whlie your spoon is dropping. if your line is straight to your spoon, the spoon will slide back and not flutter. if you have slack laying all over the water, you will not feel bites. there is a very fine line of being in contact, but not impeding the fall of the spoon. keeping a belly in the line from the rod tip to the water is the best way i can describe it. this of course requires you to follow the spoon as it decends after you jig it up.

bo