Sign in to follow this  
jsc4324

Merrimack River Nh ?

Anyone fish the river between Manchester and Hudson/Nashua? Looking for LM or SM. I would assume there would be smallies in there , but have never tried it. Any info would be great

Yup, there's LM and SM (especially SM). Not my favorite section of the river, though. Cant run the boat because it's too shallow and rocky. The next 3 sections (manch to Hooksett, Hooksett to Bow, Bow to Concord) up river are better for boating, and I can be found out there all year long in search of the brown fish.

Thanks Shane, ill have to give it a try. Would be from shore anyway but at I am in that area quite a bit.

Oh, from shore it's fine. I grew up walking those shores for smallies with my uncle, and we caught plenty of 'em.

Jigs and drop shot. Been doing pretty good with a Bitsy Bug jig/ Rage Tail Menace trailer, and a 3" Rage Grub in Pearl on the drop shot. It's been pretty hit or miss, though. Depends on the current and wind, really.

I fish it a bunch in the Nashua area around the Hudson Bridge.  The area behind the skate park has great access for shore fishing.  Also way in back of the buildings has great access to get to the river where the Nashua flows into it.   I was in there with my kayak last sunday and had a good couple hours of fun. Nothing big, all smallmouth. Using a redish rage lobster on a jig.  I fished right in the area where the 2 rivers come together.  Lots of rocks , you will loose some jigs on the bottom. 

There are some good fishing areas from shore in Merrimack Nh also.  If you want some more specifis let me know.  I will post some more directions

I also have a 12 ft jon boat for sale if interested. $225