Tom Walker

Hi From Aus

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tom and I come Perth, Western Australia. I am 14 and I am keen on bream fishing. For those of you who don't know, Bream are the main tournament fish in Australia. I have joined here to hopefully learn some new techniques that I can apply to breaming.

Cheers,

Tom.

Welcome to the site, Tom! Nice to have you aboard. I watched a bream tournament on the web last year to see what all the fuss was about (in an Aussie forum I was reading). Looked like lots of fun.

You should be able to take a lot of bass techniques and apply them to bream. Drop shotting, wacky, and more.

Welcome to the site, Tom! Nice to have you aboard. I watched a bream tournament on the web last year to see what all the fuss was about (in an Aussie forum I was reading). Looked like lots of fun.

You should be able to take a lot of bass techniques and apply them to bream. Drop shotting, wacky, and more.

cheers mate, breaming is so much fun and so much tactics, for example, the sound of the lure hitting the water can spook them from 20m away, if you catch like 5 fish from any given bank, they completely shutdown so some tournaments catch a lot more fish on the pre fish.

Welcome to Bass Resource!

Tom, try to find the Wright Bait Company grap scented 1-inch white grubs.

Put them on a 1/32 jig head on 4 pound floruocarbon on a spinning rig and have some fun.

The bream eat these things up like candy.

http://www.thewrightbait.com/

I think Dance's sporting goods in Petersburg, Virginia,USA carries them, too.

http://www.dancessportinggoods.net/

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Ouy !!!

Welcome to the forum !!!

Tom, try to find the Wright Bait Company grap scented 1-inch white grubs.

Put them on a 1/32 jig head on 4 pound floruocarbon on a spinning rig and have some fun.

The bream eat these things up like candy.

http://www.thewrightbait.com/

I think Dance's sporting goods in Petersburg, Virginia,USA carries them, too.

http://www.dancessportinggoods.net/

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Cheers, Just had a look, they look the goods! I start work in a tackle shop tomorrow so after my first pay I may have to get some. I reckon the HOT PINK rigged weightless over the surface will slay as well.

I have been having heaps of luck with them on the Madeye Lures Range, they are a local brand, Check them out! I reckon they could slay the bass. http://www.weflickfishing.com/collections/madeye-lures (I am in no way affiliated with Madeye Lures in ANY way.)

Tom, how does the $10.00 cost per bait translate into dollars?

Those must be some fantastic baits for that price.

Oops. Noted that there are 10 in a pack for $11.00 AUS.

How does that translate into dollars?

Oops. Noted that there are 10 in a pack for $11.00 AUS.

How does that translate into dollars?

about $1.15US per bait for you, plus shipping, I have nailed some great fish on them. Here is a pic of a GREAT black bream at 43cm to the fork taken on the whippy worm, 40cm+ is an AMAZING bream, this fish is taken by a mate, who is sponsored by them (hence the T-Shirt) but my PB bream is 33cm- an Ok fish. Once again, I am in no way associated with these lures, I am just someone who loves using them. 

DSCF1505-1.jpg

DSCF1498.jpg

DSCF1491.jpg

DSCF1489.jpg

NICE !!!!

That looks like a lot of fun !!!

about $1.15US per bait for you, plus shipping, I have nailed some great fish on them. Here is a pic of a GREAT black bream at 43cm to the fork taken on the whippy worm, 40cm+ is an AMAZING bream, this fish is taken by a mate, who is sponsored by them (hence the T-Shirt) but my PB bream is 33cm- an Ok fish. Once again, I am in no way associated with these lures, I am just someone who loves using them. 

Checked out the website, those baits look really good. Those fish look even better!

I've heard that those are toothy fish, is that true?

Checked out the website, those baits look really good. Those fish look even better!

I've heard that those are toothy fish, is that true?

really depends where you catch them, in my local rivers, they have blunt teeth that act like crushing plates more than teeth because they spend more time eating mussels, in rivers with no manmade structure (no mussels) they have sharp teeth because all they eat is fish.

really depends where you catch them, in my local rivers, they have blunt teeth that act like crushing plates more than teeth because they spend more time eating mussels, in rivers with no manmade structure (no mussels) they have sharp teeth because all they eat is fish.

That makes sense.

That makes sense.

It is heaps fun, I don't know about bass but we fish like 3lb leader on the flats and 6lb in snags, we get busted off BIG TIME, they are probably the most spooky fish in existence, they go so hard, some times I doubt you could get them out on 100lb gear!!

Welcome Home!