Bobby Uhrig

Strike Back Spinner Bait Video Watch This Feature

This was a cold spring day -Water temp in the 40's . Wind was howling  Watch how the strike back-(thus its name) goes in- turns and restrikes the fish-Great hook up due to the swiveling head.The real word is articulating for you scientic anglers   -Hmmm forget it -Just fish it.

http://youtu.be/9PtLu_SUSzs

Great video!  There's a lot packed into that segment.

Bobby, I take it you recommend leaving the trailer hooks in your box for these baits, correct?

What I've noticed, when I catch fish on the trailer hook, it's almost always hooked in the LOWER jaw.  My take on this is that the fish is actually crashing the blades, not the skirt body.  My thought is that your bait will collapse and hook the fish anyway, when they crash the blades.  Any experience with this?

There redid the shorter version.

-Ok I want to do some more underwater video with the bass hitting the baits this year.I do believe that you are correct with the theory of the bass hitting the blades and the fish getting stung on the bottom lip.. With the fish I caught here -the bass definitly hit the hook/body-the body collapses and the hook goes through the hole in the fishes mouth -Then as the line tightens -it wraps around and resets itself into the outside part of the fishes face. Best example is kinda like how you Texas rig a worm -In one side and out the other. HMMM neat thought..

I love your spinnerbaits! Best on the market, love the swiveling head!

Great video Bobby - very informative. Question regarding your skirts on the Strike Backs. Is there anything special or unique about the skirt? I'm just thinking about as the year progresses in case one of the skirts gets hung up or torn away on structure, what skirt could I use to replace it? I only have about 7-10 spinnerbaits in total and yours happens to be 2 of those.

The only thing I want with my skirts are bulk = breathability. We upgraded to 50 strand skirts to have them fuller and give more movement and water displacement.

Great video!

:respect-059:  :respect-059:

Man o man , I keep saying this but I can not wait for Spring to get here!! Got my Strikeback(black) and Megastrike thru Amazon last week. I'm thinking I may need a white one too, after seeing this video. Sure do *** you southern boy's and your weather right now!!

There are three baits I opt for in early spring -Spinnerbaits and rat L traps- Looking for the reaction strike The other is a suspending jerkbait Ya have to let the fish tell you how THEY want it NOTICE THE WORD """""THEY""""""

I knew I should have purchased a couple of these with my order last week!  :badlanguage:

with many people claiming spinnerbaits are better fished with baitcasters, why do you use a spinning gear? do you find any benefit or was that just the equipment you had???

What retrieve are you using with that spinnerbait?

Its Awesome that you made a video fishing from shore!!! Gotta love the shore fisherman like I did for so LONG. 

with many people claiming spinnerbaits are better fished with baitcasters, why do you use a spinning gear? do you find any benefit or was that just the equipment you had???

I'm not going to wager an answer for Bobby, but up here, springtime temps can be downright chilly, and with spinning gear you don't have a freezing cold wet thumb.  It's also easier to deal with random gusts of wind.

Javelin-  as you can see that is open water- I use spinning rods in open water situations-I have 10 lb test mono on there. I can control my casts in the wind better as well. When im in heavy cover -weeds brush etc.I use a baitcaster -When I hook a bass I gotta get and keep his /her head up and keep them coming-I use 14 and 17 lb test MONO for fishing baitcasters. I like a little stretch - lightens  impact -also a 7 ft MH rod- I found when I use braid I rip the lips off the fish. No one that has ever fished with me has said "Nice hook set Mary " LOL

Again you asked about retrieves - I let the fish dictate how they want it. I vary it until I found out the presentation they want--AGAIN THE WORD "THEY"

Find the depth they are using -cover the whole water column--You know they are there -just fish for them .

Now this is crazy fishing--I'll A  slam ya a rig all strike backs-

click on pic

post-10213-0-27887500-1358440068_thumb.j

Javelin- as you can see that is open water- I use spinning rods in open water situations-I have 10 lb test mono on there. I can control my casts in the wind better as well. When im in heavy cover -weeds brush etc.I use a baitcaster -When I hook a bass I gotta get and keep his /her head up and keep them coming-I use 14 and 17 lb test MONO for fishing baitcasters. I like a little stretch - lightens impact -also a 7 ft MH rod- I found when I use braid I rip the lips off the fish. No one that has ever fished with me has said "Nice hook set Mary " LOL

Again you asked about retrieves - I let the fish dictate how they want it. I vary it until I found out the presentation they want--AGAIN THE WORD "THEY"

Find the depth they are using -cover the whole water column--You know they are there -just fish for them .

Now this is crazy fishing--I'll A slam ya a rig all strike backs-

click on pic

Bobby, that some out of the box thinking. Hahaha