Sign in to follow this  
slammerhead

Red Eye Shad Blow Out!

a friend of mine bought a strike king red eye shad kit came with many lures and every one of them expanded like they were going to explode. one of them actually split it wasnt exposed to the high heat  or extreme cold. any suggestions?

Email strike king, they will replace all

Ohhh you lured me in with the topic. I though you were going to mention a sale of like $2 each at BPS Gander or the like.

• Like 3

Ohhh you lured me in with the topic. I though you were going to mention a sale of like $2 each at BPS Gander or the like.

LOL Me too. But to the OP..........yes Strike King will take care of you, and then some.

Like already posted SK will take care of it. Send an email, if no response send it again. It took me a couple of emails once, the guy who finally did answer was very apologetic and generous with the replacements.

That sucks! Thats a shame, them are some good lures!

Ohhh you lured me in with the topic. I though you were going to mention a sale of like $2 each at BPS Gander or the like.

That was exactly my thought.....lol...

Hootie

I have some blown up RES's, they still work like that and have a little different action I'm sure. They aren't split but certainly swelled up a lot. 

Had some that did that.  E-mailed SK.  They asked me to send the swollen ones to them.  I sent them 6 and they returned 8.  A couple of them have swollen and I threw them away.  Not worth the trouble.  I did ask them if they were pregnant and were going to hatch out some Bitsy Minnows but they didn't seem to see the humor in that.

I came in thinking someone had scored a great deal. I have some Redeye's that are over three years old never had that problem.

a friend of mine bought a strike king red eye shad kit came with many lures and every one of them expanded like they were going to explode. one of them actually split it wasnt exposed to the high heat  or extreme cold. any suggestions?

I had 2 that split like that and SK hooked me up big time. Email them with pics and you'll be taken care of.

A few days ago, Bass Pro had the crankbait kit with 6 lures I think....3 were Red Eyed Shad....for $8.88.  I went a couple of days ago and they were out and the salesman said they were a promotional.

As I was leaving he caught up with me and said he thinks there will be another promotional like that around Feb. 14.  Sure was a great price!

And.....there were just a few RC Cranks on the clearance rack for $4.88!!   Wow!

Thread Naming FAIL! lol

But for real, like others have said, just reach out to SK. We work with them a lot and they stand behind all of their products.

Id check them out first you might have a one of a kind that you will never be able to replicate. Ive read about guys boiling crankbaits to change their actions.

And here I thought things were going to be pretty great for a Monday, you're just a big tease OP.

I know we can send em back and they will send more back, but who wants more baits that will eventually do the same thing again! I'd rather them send back lipped cranks instead never had a problem with them!

Sounds like a pretty common occurance with the Red Eyes. I have about a half dozen and have never gotten a bad one, so I feel lucky.  I fish mine pretty hard too, so maybe there was one massive bad batch that is still circulating around, and newer ones are better? 

• Like 1