Jmrichardson2011

Fishound - How Does It Work

Hi All,

Just curious as to how the Fishhound.com membership works? I was perusing the sponsors in the sidebar (as I like to do to support them, since they support my favorite forum) and became interested when i went to their website. Just curious as to how the process works with testing tackle and ordering with the points they give you.

thanks,

Justin

This definitely helps, Thank you.

I was perusing the site and like the idea a lot and it seems easy to gain more points.

One more question:

Any level of required experience for testing the products or a timeframe (currently I live where the lake is only open to "hard-water anglers" for a few months out of the year)?

Regards,

Justin

Fishhound is pretty lenient with reviews.  If it is not in season, you can just say it is not in season and go back at a later date.  Fishhound does not require any level of experience.  The reviews are used to give feedback to peers and to manufacturers so I think its best when their are a wide range of fishing levels that review their products

This definitely helps, Thank you.

I was perusing the site and like the idea a lot and it seems easy to gain more points.

One more question:

Any level of required experience for testing the products or a timeframe (currently I live where the lake is only open to "hard-water anglers" for a few months out of the year)?

Regards,

Justin

No real experience needed. That's the beauty of it. They are understanding with distance and time it will take.

You still have to pay for the shipping of the products, but it runs between 1.49 and 3.00 per product. Most are 1.49.

You can really add up the points quick too.

Question on the rods.. st croix mojo is 200 pts and msrp is $100. I thought $1 = 1 pt? Maybe im confused but other lures ect are same as msrp.

Question on the rods.. st croix mojo is 200 pts and msrp is $100. I thought $1 = 1 pt? Maybe im confused but other lures ect are same as msrp.

That is how most places work, but with what I have seen, not here. They give you 25 dollars in points for 10 bucks every month if you do the monthly like I did. Plus each picture you take can earn you 1.20, each review 2.00 etc. You can get around 60 points a month by pictures and fishing reports, so it kinda equals itself all out.

If you got the monthly at 25 points a month and did pictures and fishing reports for 60 a month, it would take you about 2 months to save up enough points to get the rod. First month being 5 bucks and 2nd month being 10, and 25 dollars shipping for the rod, you would essentially get the rod for 40 bucks out of your pocket and all you have to do is upload some fishing pictures and give some fishing reports. There are others ways to gain points too.

In the end, you have to work for the gear. We give them data and they use it with the major companies and we get some gear cheap.

I got two packages of hula grubs for 14 points and 2.98 shipping. Basically I got two 7 dollar packages of grubs for 4.50 ish. Most of the baits and lures are closer to 1 point equals 1 dollar than the rods and reels though.

on the hi-demand/higher $ items like rods, reels, electronics. we do a couple of things to give everyone the opportunity to get them. we start out by listing the items and we post them with higher point values. this allows the items to be on the site longer than 1 day. we want to be able to let everyone know via the site and through our newsletter than new rods or reels have come in. those that wish to pay a premium can get them right away. once we've let all the members know that the items are available, we start to bring down the required points to the MSRP.

what we are building out now is a timer... so we'll add the item to the site with a 5 day countdown clock so everyone has ample notice and when it hits 0, it's go time. does this make sense?

Yes, thanks for the explanation