Sign in to follow this  
PABASS

Megastrike Evolution Jigs

I purchase a set of these jigs and I am very excited to give them a try this weekend, these jigs are not like any I have fished before so I have a few questions.  What is a good trailer, I was thinking a rage craw?  I will admit that I am a bit concerned as  It looks like it will get hung up allot and I am fishing an area that is new to me so I have no idea what the bottom is like, so is there anything I should avoid with this jig IE; rocks, wood?  I am hoping the fish will be in spawn and I can try it in a bed.

First of all, The Evolution Jig is unique. The design forces the trailer to stand tall and

not roll over. A Rage Craw or Lobster is the perfect compliment to this jig. I prefer fishing

a hard bottom, pea gravel or rocks as opposed to wood. The design of the hook configuration

results in a VERY high hook-up ratio, but this also makes the jig prone to snags, especially

branches and stumps. In a boat you can recover something approaching 100% by getting

behind the snag and/or using your plug-knocker. From the bank, you will lose some jigs.

:fishing-026:

What the Evo Jig is -

It has been called a modified football head jig- It is great for pea gravel/boulder/rocky bottom  type structures.  

Heavy Cover-You just need to "Feather" it over branches and through brush- -It has a "skid plate" type bototm that rides over cover.

When I film jigs underwather I see that the line gets wedged between two differnt rocks. The reason anglers get snagged is that  they pull the jig abruptly-(like setting the hook) and that wedges the jigs between the rocks. If you just lift it gently ,it will ride up and over them. It is a very unique head/hook and weedguard configuration. We have sold so many of these jigs and sell them in both Heavy Cover and finesse models.

This is the EVO II

This has a smaller profile head for punching brush/trees and punching -Also note the larger Heavy Flipping Hook

post-10213-0-94683800-1367335161_thumb.j

Thanks Bobby/RW, it sounds like I got the EVO because there is allot of lead on this thing, its funny its the only jig that stands up in my plano box.  I don't think I will be trying it in heavy cover but sounds like a good deal on the rocks which I am hoping this lake is.  I normally use zoom chunks on my jigs but I don't see them working very well on this jig?  Cant wait to try this out...

Its not lead -its tin. Tin ECO Friendly It has more mass than lead -its just not as dense -Its cost has skyrocketed in the last five years -about 12 dollars a pound for what we are using compared to 2 bucks a lb for lead.- We were green before everyone elase was.

• Like 2

I should have mentioned Bobby's MegaBug for a trailer, too.

The first time I ever fished this bait was with ghoti on Kentucky

Lake. The first fish was a 5lb smallmouth!

:fishing-026: