Sign in to follow this  
je1946

Quabbin Res

Fished Quabbin Sun and Mon, Sun was a slow day only managed 4 fish, 2 on Spider grubs and 2 on Jerkbaits, water temps 51 to 54 degrees, no wind, which I believe really effected the fishing, a lot of followers and not many takers, and water down a whole bunch, had to do alot of manuvering to get to some of the ol spots due to low water.  Monday with alot more wind and a different gate # to fish out of, managed close to 20 smallies with biggest a little over 4lbs, most coming from  a small wind blown cove that I had never stopped at before,  we stopped to have something to eat and drink and just let the wind blow us in there, place was loaded with scattered rock and gravel, so we started throwing the jerk baits, managed a couple of smaller fish, and with the wind picking up and colder temps we down sized to smaller jerkbaits and it was just the ticket, tried the jig and only managed a couple which is usually a sure thing, really wanted to get to a big spawing flat I know of but it was at least another mile down the lake against increasing winds, and with a long ride back and having to go thru the pass then back 4miles to the launch area all against the wind we left. Water temps down 4 degrees from Sunday.  Sorry no pics only on the I phone and I have no idea how to get them from there to here. Going to try hopefully again on Fri but if not, it will be on Mon.  If any of U folks have time off during the wk and would like to go PM me and we'll see if we can hook up, leaving from Dracut, share gas $,  time is now the fishing is only getting better for the nxt couple of wks, and I'm really don't like fishing them on the beds.