MarkH024

Wisconsin Opener- Here I Come

Heading up to the family home in central Wisconsin. Weather now is absolute garbage but it will spike Sat/Sun up to the 60's. Hoping the increase in temp will fire a bite up.  I know my lake is clear of ice but two or 3 hours north they still have inches of ice.  That said, I'm guessing the water temps will be low 50's to be lucky.  Sounds like a jerkbait, drop shot, swim jig kind of weekend.  Finally I can shake this cabin fever.  I'll post some results when I get back. 

I certainly hope it warms up this weekend. Today was brutal. Productive, but brutal. I really wanted my son to go out but it was just too cold. Good luck to you when you get out. Not sure how much further north you are than me, but the lakes around here have already reported 60 degrees. However, that was before today and this cold front.

We absolutely destroyed them. Best fishing on our lake in years. 5 guys and around 60 fish caught. Bass and pike but a lot of bass. 2-4lbers. One pushing 5lbs. The lake is only about 68 acres but it was on fire. Cranks, spinner baits, caffeine shads, and smokin roosters were the ticket. I will post pictures when I get on a computer. On my way home.

2013 05 04 18.10.26 1

2013 05 04 17.26.34

2013 05 04 17.04.39

2013 05 04 14.31.05 1

27" Pike

More to come after I get emailed images and GoPro images uploaded.
  • Like 1

I certainly hope it warms up this weekend. Today was brutal. Productive, but brutal. I really wanted my son to go out but it was just too cold. Good luck to you when you get out. Not sure how much further north you are than me, but the lakes around here have already reported 60 degrees. However, that was before today and this cold front.

Our lake started in the upper 50's and with the warm sun creeped to about 60 degrees. They'll be spawning very soon, we saw some cruisers. Most bass were hugging different cover where it was really dark (low light). Once we figured out how they were positioning it was pretty easy to find them.

How did you do? Any pics?

Good to hear. Glad you had a good time.

I did .... ok yesterday. I took my youngest out and we got a few trout on spinners. I got an ok size bass on a jig, but none were picture worthy. I took both of them out today down in IL by my parents house, but it was a state park and the shorelines were packed. The whole lake was packed. It was ridiculous.This week I'll get out to my spot and do some real fishing by myself.

Nice shirt!

The fish are ok too...

• Like 1

Nice shirt!

The fish are ok too...

Bags are packed with MTB goodies for this weekend. Ill post my results in a new thread. I have months of MTB stuff to try out. I have my shirt and hat packed as well.