Sign in to follow this  
GoneFishi'n

Best Days Ever(Pic Heavy/video)

It started out on the 3rd of July. It had been raining for the past 2 days and I knew where the bass would be holding to. The water temp was somewhere around 75 since the recent rain, and the air temp never got above 80. I knew this one spot was going to hold bass because of the running water that usily runs there, but this time was different. Since it had been rainging for the past two days, it looked like the Grand Rapids. I went to walmart earlier that day and picked up some Strike King Pro Model JIgs and a pack of green pumkin Baby Paca Craws. This combination looks deadly! My first cast was to adjust my brakes from my previous setting for a frog, but the second cast wasnt. First cast into this one corner and my dad called. I let the jig sit there on the bottom for about 10 seconds before lifting it off of the bottom a couple of times and bam! I hung up on him and set my phone down and set the hook and fish on! The bass was about 6lbs, but the picture makes it look like and 8lber(sorry about that haha). After that one bass I sent the picture to my friend saying "I knew today would be good", he got in his car and came straight over. I caugtht two dinks after that within about seven minutes in between in the same spot. Throughout the entire day i caught about 9-10 bass and my friend Kyle had nothing. He was going for the topwater bite on a frog and had some huge blowups and even one fish on. The bass that he had on was probably around 7-8lbs. We got a good look at it twice because later he hooked the same one on a jig and it did the same thing. It fought straight down in front of him and it shook the hook on the frog and jig. What was funny though is that it was in the exact spot where he had it on a frog so I think it was probably sitting there waiting for baitfish to go by or something. Now yesterday was another really good day. Me and Kyle went out there at about 5:45 and didnt catch anything for 6 hours(this was bank fishing too). After 6 hours of nothing but being bored the bite turned on. We felt it come in. It was like gift from the fishing gods. WInd had pushed in pretty good and sun started to come out. As soon as this happend I had caught one in the same place we had been fishing all day. Then my friend caught one soon after. I then had 3lber a hit something called a Tater Hog, which is a big custom painted bluegill swimbait. It happened as I was pulling the bait out of the water. After that we went to this spot which is a creek that flows pretty good after some rain. His first cast in there with a Mini MS Slammer he pulled out a 1-2 lber but even though it wasn't that big, if was fun catching it. I recorded the whole thing on camera and even got a zoomed in shot of when the bass hit. After that spot died down, we went to this spot we call "The Island". We were both throwing a BBz Jr. Kyle's in the Sexy Shad color, and mine in the Herring color. It was about my 7th cast when my friend told me I had one following my BBz. I didnt know because I was looking over to my right. I then looked at my bait and it was the biggest follow I have ever seen. It was cool watching it hunt it down and it made huge ripples on top(we thought I spooked a carp). Then when he told me sto stop it I did, I remember him telling me that when you stop it, you want to twitch it a couple times and that is exactly what I did. First twitch after stopping it and bam! I thought it was my first DD because of the ripples it made and the way it fought. I was using an Okuma Heavy 7'11" Big Bait Rod and 65# Power Pro and couldn't horse it in. This bass had a head of a 7lber but the body of a 4lber. It was fun catching it because it was only my second BBz Jr bass. After I caught this one we left that spot because after catching that we thought it would have spooked the bass around us. We walked to this bridge where my friend made a couple casts into a creek and I made one cast to this island type spot under water. My second cast the the BBz Jr I then had another one on. This one 6lbs, I caught it burning it over weeds like the last one. I told Kyle earlier when the wind came in, that I think the wind pushed baitfish into this creek and and the bass would be there. My assumption was right. We then went back to this one spot spot we call the dam and caught nothing. After this spot we went back to the creek and nothing, then the isalnd(nothing), then we tried to go back to the dam and we got rained out. It was fun fishing with Kyle(fishingallday31 on here). Check Kyle out on YouTube, he has some awesome videos. His name on there is FIshingallday31.

Here is the video of the big bass and the topwater bass. If somebody could please embed these videos for me that would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tU1lqvcmWE

And here is another video of me getting a topwater hit on a Custom Painted Mini MS Slammer also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4oH9u-82is&feature=c4-overview&list=UUM7vlcPeNSvAysd4PuxZqsw

This bass was only about 6lbs, sorry about holding it out so much haha. Had to get a quick picture and didnt think about it.

jrdg.JPG

Big mouthed. From the video

v0qu.jpg

You can see in this picture how fast the water was flowing.

txsc.jpg
I caught this 4lb bass fishing 10ft above the water over thorn bushes. Had to go through them to get to hit. Hit the frog once and I missed him. Casted back and got him!

ufps.jpg
ic8.jpg
This was my first BBz Jr. bass.

it07.jpg
Was talking to my dad on how I was fishing the jig and this one hit haha.

y6rr.JPG

g786.jpg
The 6lber from the video.

r9vr.jpg
Choked the BBz Jr.!

ebek.jpg

And that's all folks, thanks for looking!

This dude is on fire.... Pig after Pig!!! Good fishing with you man, glad we finally got the dam figured out.

Man what a trip! Congrats nice videos and pics

This dude is on fire.... Pig after Pig!!! Good fishing with you man, glad we finally got the dam figured out.

Fun fishing with you to. I expect more pigs from the both of us there soon.

Nice catching.  I got those videos for ya!

Jeff

• Like 1

Nice catching. I got those videos for ya!

Jeff

Wow thanks a lot! That's why I love this site, people help each other out.

some fine blubber there man!!  6ers+ are a very rare treat to get up here...

You nailed those spots. Nice bass especially the ones in the running water.

Awesome fish/trip!

You nailed those spots. Nice bass especially the ones in the running water.

Thanks.

ive been going there for 3 years, i think you found what they want. every time i go people flood the dam and throw everywhere so i end up leaving....bass in my avatar came out of there last year

People do flood the dam. That's why you have to get there at 5:00 in the morning. People keep so many bream too. It sucks, the person that gives tickets for licenses doesn't even check.

i usually go in the morning by sunrise but i work more hours and have 2 kids that occupy me more. i will get out there more

Cool vids. I really like that BBZ footage, with that big one that completely engulfed the swimbait.

Keep them coming.

Cool vids. I really like that BBZ footage, with that big one that completely engulfed the swimbait.

Keep them coming.

Kyle got a good angle on that BBz in it's mouth. What's funny is before the first decent one on the BBz we were talking about putting hooks on top of the bait and taking them off of the bottom so it's completely weedless, and he made a good point on how it would be hard to get a hookset doing that. Well that 6lber shocked him on how far it went down haha.

i usually go in the morning by sunrise but i work more hours and have 2 kids that occupy me more. i will get out there more

Im down for whenever if you want to go out in my boat. Just message me on here.

Cool!  thanks for sharing.