Sign in to follow this  
new2BC4bass

Spinning Rod With Micro Guides Update.

Well, headed to the boat ramp today with the micro guide spinning rod and a regular guide rod to do a little more testing.  Decided I was going to take the micro guide rod back.  On the way back to the car I noticed just how low the line was.  I had realized it wasn't filled to where I normally would spool line, but figured, "Hey, seller was using it like that with no problem."  Right?

So back home I filled the spool like I normally would.  Headed back to the boat ramp to see the results.  Not only does it cast much further now, but the noise it makes on the cast is now minimal.  Will now be keeping the rod.  Glad I didn't give up on the rod after the first outing.

Received my new-to-me Morrum from DVT today.  Spool is filled less than halfway, so I'll be adding more line before heading to the boat ramp this afternoon to try it out.  However, I already know this is a great casting reel.  :teeth:

EDIT:  First cast with this rod Monday had me ducking.  Didn't know what the heck was going on.