Sign in to follow this  
slvrchr98

Bassmaster Classic Expo Discounts

Hey guys, I'll be attending my first Classic here in a couple months at Guntersville.  I've heard you can get great deals on tackle at the expo, is this true? I'm looking to get a few rods and reels and I'd hate to blow all my money now if I can get them cheaper at the Classic.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Thanks!

It really depends on the manufacturer. Reels are going to be a little more difficult than rods.

It's kind of hit and miss.  Dick's usually has a big display with mid to lower priced combos discounted.  Duckett had three rods for the price of two a year or two ago.  I think if you arrive on Friday and really look everything over well you will be able to find a good deal.  If you wait to long everybody else will find your deal and it will sell out. 

I will be there.  short drive for me.  I went a few years ago and did see some good deals but I went to spectate and look around.  Not to buy things.  

I would also check out the new gear that gets introduced at the expo. Pure fishing usually premiers new baits and rods as the expo. I'm a tackle junkie so I would be stoked just to see what's coming out

First, be sure to bring a big plastic bag for all of your freebies and autographs.

Second, bring a camera/iPhone, a cap and a black felt tip pen to have the pros sign your cap. Keep an eye out for the pros as they will walk around the area and will be more than happy to get a picture snapped with you and give you an autograph.

Third, bring money. Yes, items will be for sale but you may do better with the BPS, Cabela's and other tackle stores and our Forum sponsors during or after the Classic.

Fourth, go on-line and check out which companies will be where in the show area so you can find the ones you want to meet. Also have your questions ready for them about their products. The Mercury guys are great about telling you about their motors; Evan Williams will be giving out samples if allowed by local laws; new products may be displayed.

Fifth, give yourself at least two to three hours to visit all of the vendors you want and the ones you notice that are of interest. Take your time and try to get something free from each one.

Have fun; let us know what goodies you pick up; what pros you saw; and all about your great adventure at the Classic. You will have a fun time.