MCS

Backpack Cannon - This Is For You Slonez

I want!!!

Let's see if it recoils less than the Smith And Wesson 500 I had some years back. I know what I'm buying in a few weeks. :grin:

Also why the hell would someone use that on a hog? If my arrow don't kill it then my KaBar Bacon Maker sure as hell will! If not I'm in for a world of hurt.

My Ruger's a 6 shooter and I think I paid less than $700 new. Raider, I'll tell you this. If you compare recoil firing the .45 colt rounds to the .454 casull, it like the difference between a .22 and a 12ga. I've never fired a 500. I took a pic similar to the one in the link. The grips are similar, the .460 appears larger, especially the cylinder. S&W doesn't have specs listed on their site

002_zpsad14e8ea.jpg

• Like 1

Slone I think the Ruger is better all around. The red hawk line has set the benchmark for ages. But being a 6 versus 5 shot is a big deal out in the woods also size too smaller and lighter the better. The S&W is nice but most of their prices on their website look like markups due to the "name". I really like the governor but dang son for 800 I will go get the Taurus version and save some $

I meant the post more as look another big caliber gun for us that enjoy those type not look it is better than the Alaskan

I want!!!

Let's see if it recoils less than the Smith And Wesson 500 I had some years back. I know what I'm buying in a few weeks. :grin:

Also why the hell would someone use that on a hog? If my arrow don't kill it then my KaBar Bacon Maker sure as hell will! If not I'm in for a world of hurt.

These are made to kill bears if you get jumped by one back packing etc.

Slone I think the Ruger is better all around. The red hawk line has set the benchmark for ages. But being a 6 versus 5 shot is a big deal out in the woods also size too smaller and lighter the better. The S&W is nice but most of their prices on their website look like markups due to the "name". I really like the governor but dang son for 800 I will go get the Taurus version and save some $

I meant the post more as look another big caliber gun for us that enjoy those type not look it is better than the Alaskan

If I got the Taurus I'd get the Raging Judge in a short barrel. They're hard to find. A buddy of mine has it in the 6" model but it comes in a 3" model. It can kill snakes and bears LOL

• Like 1

These are made to kill bears if you get jumped by one back packing etc.

Could be interesting. After watching Grizzly Man this past weekend. I'm not sure I really want to test that theory. I would rather reach out and touch Mr. Bear with a .50 BMG or a .338 Lapua. I'm sorry, but 11 rounds from a forty and 10 12guage slugs at under 20 feet and the bear still took ten minutes to die! Forget that! Guess its better than nothing if one snraks up on ya though. Probably work really good for black bears.

Could be interesting. After watching Grizzly Man this past weekend. I'm not sure I really want to test that theory. I would rather reach out and touch Mr. Bear with a .50 BMG or a .338 Lapua. I'm sorry, but 11 rounds from a forty and 10 12guage slugs at under 20 feet and the bear still took ten minutes to die! Forget that! Guess its better than nothing if one snraks up on ya though. Probably work really good for black bears.

Wonder how they work against ladle wielding Vietnamese.

• Like 1

Wonder how they work against ladle wielding Vietnamese.

I don't know. Depends if he uses his Tai Chi to deflect the rounds with his ladle. :D

• Like 1

you guys a bad spoon experience ...lol...i gotta ask whats up with that..

you guys a bad spoon experience ...lol...i gotta ask whats up with that..

Somewhere in the everything else section raider explains how he offends the orientals....or is it asians.... :s