Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Anyone ever fished a Beaver Like this?

That gives me a new idea on what else i can do! 

All the time. I usually use it around timber. Almost the same idea as rigging a Fat Ika backwards.

So is as effective or more effective than rigging this same bait the standard way?

I think I'll stick with the Fat Ika for reverse rigging like this, especially in more open structure (less weedy). The weight and control you have with an Ika excels in this presentation.

The Beaver is one of my favorite baits in weeds; where the Ika's inherent action can be lost. Just an opinion, as anything and everything works at one time or another, regardless of design!

R.W. turned me on to the backwards rigged Fat Ika and it works great. Try it for yourself and see. What works for someone might not work for you.

So is as effective or more effective than rigging this same bait the standard way?

It is more about a different presentation. If the bass aren't biting it the normal way, why not flip it around and present the same bait a different way. Just about preference. I can say this technique I use mainly during colder weather months

Thanks for the heads up. This method should be a good slution in at least two instances: cold water/sluggish bass and spawning bass.  In both cases the angler can maximize movement without moving the lure forward. For those who don't like the dropshot, it looks like a good presentation to work on.

One thing to be aware of is that the angle of a line in an aquarium is far more vertical than ones line is when actually fishing, and with wind and a moving boat, your lure probably won't work quite the same as this or any aquarium presentation.