Sign in to follow this  
jhoffman

$100 Off A Roman Made, For You Rich Guys :)

The site which shall not be named has their $400 romans down to $307, you gotta click on it to see that price and add it to your cart.

That´s  not  $100 off ! :Idontknow:

It´s just $93 :cry3:

• Like 1

In that case ill take 3 lol

• Like 1

Id throw a bait like that, id lose it on the first cast 100% for sure

Id throw a bait like that, id lose it on the first cast 100% for sure

And I bet you will cuz you´re being negative. Try with a positive attitude, NO FEAR !!!! .....then loosing it won´t feel that bad, I don´t know how many expensive baits I´ve lost on the first cast, jigs "inexpensive" ? ----> yeah, right ! begin adding and when you loose as many as I do on the first, second or third cast, then you realize you could have purchased one of them baits in an eyeblink.

Yeah I hear ya on the attitude thing, pessimist I guess. Jigs are a little easier for me to deal with the pain, I make my own and because its going on the bottom I somehow accept that it will be stuck.

A $300 single purchase would buy quite a few other swimbaits. Cant really put a hudd in the same category but Im guessing they would catch the same fish. Id rather take my licks losing $10 swimbaits than a single punch in the gut.

I tell ya, I hesitated to spend the bank on a Mother.  When I finally did, I was blown away. Had it been full retail, I don't think I would have bit.  But what I got it for, and how the thing fishes- I've bought other Romans.  They definitely fish differently than others, and they will catch fish that other swimbaits don't.  It's not a magic bullet, but man the thing can swing em sometimes.

Can't put a price on calling power. I'd love to try one out.

I thought $30 was a lot for the 9" castraic trout lure. I waited for them to go to $9.99 sale. The luck strike and high roller stuff is expensive to me. Come on $300? $424?

I'd go back using live bait first.

Checkout ebay maybe there's a cheaper knockoff?

I couldn't even imagine throwing a lure as big as a mother...

I'll try one after I win the lottery, LOL!  :eyebrows:

I would love to own a Mother.  It would probably cost me another $500 to buy the combo to throw it though.  

• Like 2

I tell ya, I hesitated to spend the bank on a Mother. When I finally did, I was blown away. Had it been full retail, I don't think I would have bit. But what I got it for, and how the thing fishes- I've bought other Romans. They definitely fish differently than others, and they will catch fish that other swimbaits don't. It's not a magic bullet, but man the thing can swing em sometimes.

Do you fish yours stock or do you have silencers on yours. A buddy on another forum said his paint is gone around the joint and wished he'd have got some silencers for his

i hear they have remarkable drawing power. i took all kind of grief from my wife over my 316 purchases and dropping almost 140 on a negotiator with custom paint.

That´s not $100 off ! :Idontknow:

It´s just $93 :cry3:

$93 you could spend on a good mask and fins so when you got it hung you can retrieve it.

I have silencers on my Negotiator and oneMother, and stock on Trick, South, and another Mother.

I'm genuinely impressed with these baits ability to move fish.

I thought $30 was a lot for the 9" castraic trout lure. I waited for them to go to $9.99 sale. The luck strike and high roller stuff is expensive to me. Come on $300? $424?

I'd go back using live bait first.

Checkout ebay maybe there's a cheaper knockoff?

You pay your comfort level, don't judge mine.

There isn't a "cheaper knockoff" of these. They're not a production bait. You pay for what you get, period. Swimbaits are a totally different ball game when compared to even high end typical baits.

You pay your comfort level, don't judge mine.

There isn't a "cheaper knockoff" of these. They're not a production bait. You pay for what you get, period. Swimbaits are a totally different ball game when compared to even high end typical baits.

Oh there's all kinds of cheaper baits similar to the Roman Mother, but just like a lot of knockoffs, they may or may not be as good as the original. So you buy a bunch of cheaper baits that work okay and end up spending as much as you would have or more on a bait that works better than all of them. No way I can justify spending the money on one, but if I had the money to blow on one I would no doubt. 

This is funny my misses asked me what I wanted for Valentine's day?

When I told her a $400 fishing lure, she said it ain't Christmas.

So I may have a shot at getting one for Christmas. But I'm way to cheap and frugal to have her buy it. They are on eBay.

I just felt good about purchasing the better quality $50 to $100 rods with better reels. I wonder if I'll miss my 70's chrome eyes fishing rods. They were only $2.50. I hope my fishing gets better that I invested more $$.

Spending $400 could get me a small row boat.

I fished the renosky soft swimbaits the same way they fish the Roman stuff. I like the dying minnow presentation the best. Renosky has some of there scattering shad swimsuits left. They swim awesome.

I hope everyone who uses the Roman lures has them on braided line?

This is funny my misses asked me what I wanted for Valentine's day?

When I told her a $400 fishing lure, she said it ain't Christmas.

So I may have a shot at getting one for Christmas. But I'm way to cheap and frugal to have her buy it.

Spending $400 could get me a small row boat.

I fished the renosky soft swimbaits the same way they fish the Roman stuff. I like the dying minnow presentation the best. Renosky has some of there scattering shad swimsuits left. They swim awesome.

I hope everyone who uses the Roman lures has them on braided line?

braid+ big swimbaits = you just lost your expensive swimbait

• Like 2

I hope everyone who uses the Roman lures has them on braided line 25# P-line CXX?

Fixed.

• Like 5

$93 you could spend on a good mask and fins so when you got it hung you can retrieve it.

Uhhhh ...... nah, I don´t think so, I would just add another 300 and get me another one.

braid+ big swimbaits = you just lost your expensive swimbait

Not to mention it increases the chance a big, wary fish will see your line and turn away from your bait at the last minute. Braid and big swimbaits is a no go in my book. Breaking off an expensive bait on a snag really sucks, casting one off is way worse. 

• Like 2

Not to mention it increases the chance a big, wary fish will see your line and turn away from your bait at the last minute. Braid and big swimbaits is a no go in my book. Breaking off an expensive bait on a snag really sucks, casting one off is way worse.

lost my first "expensive" big bait on a cast off on braid. watching a slow sink triple trout sail off into deep water and your braid not attached... i can still feel that punch to the gut feeling now just thinking about it.