Sign in to follow this  
Texas bassman

Anyone Else Want New Stuff From Mystery Tacklebox??

i wish theyd thow a spool or half a spool of new line to try some tungsten weights and other fishing related stuff. pliers,treble hooks, swim jig head maybe even a rod sock over a top lure. what do yall think??

Thanks for the feedback! We will definitely keep these suggestions in mind as we try to balance variety with general appeal.

I received a rod sock from one of my "other" boxes and at first I was bummed but it was actually a good item. Also got Mustad trebles. Weights might be good or really dull...don't really have an opinion. I think lures though are the most exciting. Almost forgot, but I did get some invisa-swivels.

• Like 1

I got a small spool of Vicious line from MTB, and it was a waste for me. I'm very particular about the line I use and ended up giving it away. I much prefer to get lures as many of my new favorites have been discovered through this service.

I like the idea of a rod sock though, or even some reel grips.

• Like 2

I wouldnt say no to a Rod sock either :)

I got plenty of 4/0 EWG hooks though... hint hint hehe.

I could always use some spinnerbait trailer hooks, or other types of terminal tackle.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind once in awhile in place of maybe the 5/0 hooks. I prefer the lures, soft plastics, jigs etc. Last month was my most disappointing mtb which lead me to sign up for ltb and tg. Just for comparison. Really excited to get three boxes for 25.00 this month but even if mtb isn't the best this month as long as they compete I will probably stick with them. Their customer service has been amazing. But ltb looks awful good. I'm hoping mtb keeps my business though. I'm a creature of habit. So 6 months is a long time for me to switch because of one good box. We will see. Lol how bout more dude wipes was I the only one who kind of liked this idea? I tend to fish then going out for a nice dinner so if I can not shower and not reek of fish when I'm eating a 30.00 steak sign me up.

• Like 1

If there are specific things that you want, why not just hit your local store and purchase it? I thought the point of MYSTERY tackle box was that the contents would be....a mystery? I understand making suggestions, but if your suggestions are really just a wish list of things YOU want, you're better off getting them directly and being excited every month when your box shows up, rather than disappointed you didn't get exactly what you needed.  just my .02 

• Like 1

No really the things I need its more like just something new and random from time too time.like normally I wouldn't try a tungsten jig head but I got some ecopro from mtb. Normally I wouldnt try a copolymer line but if its the box might aswell.Normally wouldn't try other hooks besides gamakatsus or trokars but since mtb gives us vmc and mustads I will use those this yr and see how I like them. So its not really what I want its just more a suggestion for more variety on those types of things. It would be good for us and mtb as a company to stay ahead of the game. Especially since all the new competition is coming up from tackle grab or lucky tackle box.

• Like 1

I agree with the competition aspect. Ive got a friend trying to bring me over to tackle grab. Which I cant see. I'm trying them and ltb but if I fish my stuff from mtb and the bass are hitting better with my buddies stuff from tackle grab I will be a little upset. I haven't gotten to use any of it yet but I'm 80 invested in mtb so far maybe more. So I want to be competitive with other subscribers especially.

• Like 1

Also glad to see I wasn't the only fan of dude wipes lol I may buy some but id like to get those once in awhile from mtb. I know the point is to push us to buy products but as a mid level angler 15-20.00 a month is my max in fake baits. I worm fish a lot too, or leaches, crawfish etc so really I'm spending more with mtb because I pay for stuff off season too.

• Like 1

Haven't signed up for any of them yet. Mystery Tackle Box hands down has the name but watching the box openings. Sometimes I feel like its better off not signing up. Tossing in some cheap things really would make it that much more enticing. Simple stuff that doesn't cost much you know. Trial sizes of things like.....

-Plastic line beads

-Rattles for worms

-weight tape

-3pc various hook package (weedless, wide gap, or whatever.)

-trial size fish attractints?

-soft tape measurer?

-super cool small scale?

as far as lures go.... maybe toss in stuff like rooster tails, a cheap spinner, I seen a spoon once that was a good one. kick out some real variety. Dont need a ton of frogs, but cranks are ok to me,

• Like 2

It would be cool if some of the Bassresource sponsors were included in the boxes.  Siebert Jigs, and Megastrike for example.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! We're always looking to improve and these suggestions are great. Keep 'em coming!

• Like 1

I'd go for some tungsten weights and Felix's idea about including sponsors is awesome. I'd love to get some siebert jigs in a future box.

• Like 1