buzzed bait

Out Of The Package?

I am forever seeing guys post pics and sell stuff on the flea market with brand new in box lures.  I for one just can't wait to get the thing out of the package (this really goes for anything and not just fishing gear).  I usually pull it out of the package almost immediately and then toss the packaging almost as quickly.  sure it's bit me before when trying to return something, but i suppose it's just my own personal habit.  I'm wondering how many of you are like me or are OCD about keeping things in the package until the last moment you're ready to open it? 

I rip it open and put it in the tackle box as soon as i get it, even if it won't see the water for months lol.

• Like 2

The only items I'll save the packaging on are ones that I think I may sell off at some time in the future and those are things like electronics,reels. Very rarely do I save the pkg. on baits that go into my tackle box.  The rest I keep in their packaging hanging on a pegboard until they are put into use, or donated when I purge my excess gear around this time every year.

I used to keep em in boxes.... When I had the room lol not it gets taken out and I rip off the cardboad saying what it is in case I forget. The obvious stuff no need but if I'm trying something new if it works well id hate to forget what it is. This goes double for stuff I get in the winter

It's because guys (myself included) get bitten by the tackle monkey and buy waaaaay too many baits/lures. When I find a good deal, I can't resist sometimes. This equates to tons of tackle, some still left unopened,

If I bought it to use right away it's coming out of the package. If it's a backup then it stays in the package and goes on the appropriate peg on my pegboard in the garage. 

• Like 1

When I buy something it comes out out the package as soon as I get it in the house.

Usually goes in the tackle box right away unless I bought it as backup in which case it gets stored in it's package until use.

Alright so sounds like you're mostly like me. I suppose I don't have/keep many backups so maybe that explains the pics I see....

Only the back up baits stay in the package. I'll have 2 of each bait in the box.