Sign in to follow this  
jabomano

Wtb: Stella 4000Fe New

I know it's a long shot but I'm looking for a new (or almost new) Stella 4000FE. I have a 3000FE but it's too small for me. I also have a SW5000 but that's too large for bass.

Anyone...?

Ray

I found 8 brand new ones on fleabay, all "buy it now" priced higher than any of my combos  :dazed-7:

I know. I saw those ones too. I've been searching for awhile. I did miss a 4000FE a couple of days ago on eBay that sold for a good price. I always try to buy from an individual first before eBay.

Imo i would wait for the fe to get clearanced, the new version was just released in japan

I know about the Japanese 4000 model. The U.S. version will be release sometime in May and it's not going to be an FE model. The 4000FE is going to be retired. At least the 'FE' part of the name.

Ray

I just read a couple more horror stories this morning on another forum about ebay purchases.

The seller was selling tackle and accessories and delivery wrong models and completely different damaged product then listed. He was selling from different locations. Advertised as new or near new and products had pieces missing and broken pieces. Fake return address used. Phone number disconnected.

Sellers user name Ranger620dc. Suppose to have 220 100% positive feed back but feed back can be manipulated.

I would be leary of buying these off an auction site.

Buyer beware.

Ron

If a claim is filed in cases like that, the buyer gets a refund 100% of the time.

I've bought several reels off Ebay and never had an issue. I always buy from sellers with positive feedback and I try to buy from stores instead of individuals. Not fool proof but like it's been stated you can get your money back if you get scammed.