crankcaster100

Rod Shipping Cost

It all depends on carrier and how far you are shipping the rod. I have shipped rods for as little as $15 to as much as $40. It also depends on if you get insurance.

I'm thinking of putting a rod and reel up but want to know shipping costs

Do you insure shipments on here?

I shipped a rod one time without insurance. Buyer claimed the rod was broke when he got it. Cost me a lot more than I wanted. I would advise to get the insurance.

Did you not comprehend my first response?????? It all depends on the distance and the amount that you insure the package for.

A reel will be between $10 - $15 to ship insured. 

I just shipped a 96" piece of 2" pvc with a rod in it, half way across the country for about $22 through usps.  Make sure the weight is correct if you buy online shipping labels!!

I shipped a couple rods last week, used some tubes I had from a previous TW order, with $100 ins. on them cost's were $26 for one tube, and $27 for the other.

Unless there has been a change the shipping cost by USPS varies by location shipped to.

I live in the midwest and it cost me significantly more to ship a rod to Michigan  than to California.  

Use the USPS web site to determine shipping costs.

Unless there has been a change the shipping cost by USPS varies by location shipped to.

I live in the midwest and it cost me significantly more to ship a rod to Michigan  than to California.  

Use the USPS web site to determine shipping costs.

I've noticed that also with USPS.   A couple years ago I quoted a cost from here in NY to Ohio and it was around $28 or so, but the same rod tube to the west coast was $18 (which was where it ended up going).   Seems odd and the only thing I can figure is that is the difference between ground and air shipping for them?   Hard to say.

it really varies, i shipped one about 2 months ago that cost $25 and one last week that cost $40

5 dollars to ship a reel usps priority if it'll fit In the box. You could break the rod up into 6-7 pieces and ship it in the same box

it really varies, i shipped one about 2 months ago that cost $25 and one last week that cost $40

$40 is alot of $'s for lower end rods. I have one $100 rod that I want to get rid of but it is better to keep it or sell loacally for me. If you live in the middle of the country, that helps.

5 dollars to ship a reel usps priority if it'll fit In the box. You could break the rod up into 6-7 pieces and ship it in the same box

good luck fitting a reel in the small flat rate box. its like 1.5" tall.

$5 was the old standard years ago to ship a reel anywhere in the country.   Now there are 138 different variables to simply things, and make the cost anybodies guess.

I shipped one yesterday with $200 worth of Inshurance it was $33 and change