Sign in to follow this  
Redlinerobert

Increase Your Reading Speed And Comprehension.

Designed to help you read faster by keeping your concentration on one word at a time.

xiSS8E7.gif

How fast is this thing really? (with concrete examples)

This is 250 words per minute. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone is 76,944 words long according to http://www.hp-lexicon.org/about/books/ps/book_ps.html. At this rate you could read HP1 in just over 5 hours.

oo2oOpm.gif
350 words per minute doesn't seem that much faster. 3 hours and 40 minutes to finish Potter.

Science quote from their web page:
When reading, only around 20% of your time is spent processing content. The remaining 80% is spent physically moving your eyes from word to word and scanning for the next [Optimal Recognition Point].

56tvOUK.gif

Now it's getting harder to follow. Probably takes time to get used to, but still, I can't imagine being able to concentrate on this for too long. If you could keep up with this for two and a half hours, you could read Harry Potter 1 from cover to cover. Kinda neat thought.

More for those interested: http://www.spritzinc.com/

That's wild.

After a career in the service, I now have at home employment where part of the job entails reading through Official Manuals and Publications for hours at a time.  Being able to do it faster while remaining effective & accurate would definitely improve productivity.  This could, in theory, result in more $$$$, so that's a good thing.

When reading something "for fun", I find myself wanting to slow down considerably, not wanting to miss anything and to really savor the text and verse in it's entirety.   

After looking at that virtual Blitzkrieg of text - I'll pass.

Interesting concept though.

A-Jay

In a very short amount if time, I've doubled my reading speed comprehension.  Looking forward to quadrupling it.

Thats awesome. Like ajay said when reading a book for enjoyment. I take my time,about in a week ill finish it. Then move on but if,i could read a little faster and enjoy it,the same id give it shot. A 400 page books takes about 1 week for me to finish. Then most of the time ill go back to all the page nunbers i wrote down and take notea on them. Most of the time this will spark more thoughts and i'll get more out of the book.

Just read the FAQ's on this site - informative and fairly entertaining.

A-Jay

http://www.spritzinc.com/faq/