akg414

1995 Nitro 180 Fs - (Slight) Restoration / Fixup / Cleanup

Impressive work.  I bet it really feels like YOUR boat now. 

I'll be dropping mine of next Tuesday btw.  :laugh5:

Impressive work.  I bet it really feels like YOUR boat now. 

I'll be dropping mine of next Tuesday btw.  :laugh5:

Sure does ;)

Great work

Great job and excellent pics. Need to do my 2000 nitro and this is an inspiring thread!

On 3/14/2014 at 9:22 AM, akg414 said:

So tonight (and the entire weekend) will begin a blitzkrieg of carpet-peeling, carpet-backing & old-glue removal, from the lids and boat itself.

I bought the 24oz. carpet from BassBoatSeats.com  --- (and)---  their carpet adhesive. I've also been reading that people use the Dap Weldwood (original, in the red can) to glue down the carpet.

My question to all that have re-carpeted their boats is this:  Which is better to use?  The Weldwood contact cement seems way easier & faster.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

which glue did you decide to go with and did the 24 oz carpet give you any problems with the lids fitting

This is awesome! Good work!

I know this is an old thread, but I would love to see an update if there is one.  I'm looking at a 1996 version of this boat.  One owner and all upholstery looks new.  I don't like limited storage in front, but could add the box.

12 hours ago, Obi_Wan said:

I know this is an old thread, but I would love to see an update if there is one.  I'm looking at a 1996 version of this boat.  One owner and all upholstery looks new.  I don't like limited storage in front, but could add the box.

Hey - the boat was basically done so no real update. I did swap out the prop for a 22 pitch (instead of a 24) and I did put the hydrofoil back on, since the boat really struggled with plaining out with a full tank of gas, 2 guys and gear.

I will post some pics when the boat comes back from getting the hot-foot installed as well as all new gauges.

11 hours ago, akg414 said:

Hey - the boat was basically done so no real update. I did swap out the prop for a 22 pitch (instead of a 24) and I did put the hydrofoil back on, since the boat really struggled with plaining out with a full tank of gas, 2 guys and gear.

I will post some pics when the boat comes back from getting the hot-foot installed as well as all new gauges.

This is great info.  I am buying one just like it right now.  I was concerned about it planing out.  What hydrofoil does it have on it?

Did you have to make the box 1/4" or 1/8" short to accommodate for the carpet?

18 minutes ago, Obi_Wan said:

Did you have to make the box 1/4" or 1/8" short to accommodate for the carpet?

I left 1/4”. And the hydrofoil is an “SE sport 300”

1 hour ago, akg414 said:

I left 1/4”. And the hydrofoil is an “SE sport 300”

Thanks. I appreciate you replying to me. My dad was getting the boat for me and was going to have the box made.  He just let me know that he is keeping the Nitro and giving me his Bass Cat.

Great job!!  Keep the pics coming on the progress!

Do you have images of the console?

On 6/18/2019 at 11:32 PM, Jeff Parra said:

Do you have images of the console?

Original Poster hasn't been on this forum since March 2018.  I doubt you'll get an answer. 

2 hours ago, Big Rick said:

Original Poster hasn't been on this forum since March 2018.  I doubt you'll get an answer. 

On vacation at the moment (and not fishing unfortunately 😕). When I get home I’ll dig for some pics 

On vacation at the moment (and not fishing unfortunately 😕). When I get home I’ll dig for some pics

1 hour ago, akg414 said:

On vacation at the moment (and not fishing unfortunately 😕). When I get home I’ll dig for some pics 

On vacation at the moment (and not fishing unfortunately 😕). When I get home I’ll dig for some pics

I stand corrected. 

I appreciate it I just bought a 1995 nitro FS with a 150 mercury on it. The guy that had it removed some gauges to install a fish finder just wondering what I’m missing. I had what I thought was an overheating alarm going off on me but wasn’t sure. Doesn’t have a temp gauge but does have a water psi gauge and the speedometer is gone but fish finder has a gps one on it.