bclark7b

Any Luck In Upstate Ny?

Fished 5-6 hours from daybreak to noon this morning............good lord the wind. Fishing was slow but decent. 8 largemouth met me, all over 3lbs, but none over 4lbs. Pike played too..........not nice at time 3 were boated, one a real gator, they also added 3 of my swimbaits to there collection LOL.

Yeah I was really wanting to go out today but that wind would have me paddling my canoe like a mad man all day instead of fishing.... 8 over 3lbs isn't a bad day!

Hit Champlain on Sat. Water is high as you'd suspect, but dirtier than usual. The fish were right on the bank of the main lake. Best action was flipping wood in a back-water where the water was cleaner and a couple degrees warmer (55). Ended up with about 20 fish between 3 of us but we fished all day and sometimes get 20 apiece first weekend in May. Looks like the lake is about a week behind normal.

Went bass fishing on Saturday.... Caught 3 pike and a perch.... And the pike were caught on jerk bait and the perch on a small crank.... Had one nice lmb get off the hook trying to land him :/ I'm going out Thursday then got the Rochester bassmasters meeting that night. Ugh no luck here lol

Hit my usual stomping grounds this evening for 2 hours after work. Size, not numbers tonight. In fact I only got 7 bites all night, 6 made it to the boat. A 14"er LOL and then a 5-2, a 4-14, a 4-10, a 4-3, and 3-12....any time you can put darn near 23lbs in the boat for the best 5 in 2 hours after work is OK in my book.

• Like 2

I went out for three hours and caught 21. Took me two hours the figure out where they were. At every lay down right near the bank I caught one of two. Some in water just inches deep.. the biggest was only 3-4 but still had some fun..

• Like 2

Went out today for a little over an hour. Landed 2 3+ Pounders and had 4 throw my line, good to see the bass finally hitting.

• Like 2

Well look at that.....I know that spot well :whistle: Don't make me give you a talking to about how to crop photos...LOL.

Hehe, didn't think about that.  I didn't lose any lures, but my partner lost a couple.  I just lost my prescription glasses. :sad78:   Was retying my line after catching a pike forgot I had them up on my hat and went I bent over, into the lake they went,

Nice job on catching 'em guys!

I went out for three hours and caught 21. Took me two hours the figure out where they were. At every lay down right near the bank I caught one of two. Some in water just inches deep.. the biggest was only 3-4 but still had some fun..

. Where did you catch these guys at?

Glad there hitting boughton, might have to swing up there this week. Maybe Thursday

Now is the time fellas..............you can catch them just about anyway you want to, and with the full moon coming at the end of the week, looking at them is going to be an option soon too. I junk fished all over the lake today, and caught them everywhere on everything.

• Like 1

Too windy to take out the canoe so I fished from shore for an hour.. 6 smallest and 3 lm. I agree with ww2farmer! Get out and catch them

Funny. Was out on Conesus for 4 hours or so. Caught 2 nice smallies, but numbers obviously weren't there for me. Both were caught on natural/clear LC jerk bait (don't remember exact color). Others I chatted with had worse luck than I did. Water temp ranged from 50.5 at the bottom of the lake to 54 at the top. Wind was a little tough, and got worse as day wore on. Looking for better tomorrow.

Picked up this pig in Putnam County today, fishing was very very slow though. Picked up a few dinks on a shaky head roboworm and this fellow below on a 6" slow sink Huddleston

f01187.jpg

• Like 3

Fished Conesus yesterday and that wind was a major pain the %^$.  But the wind swept side was where we found 'em.  My fishing partner caught the vast majority, I was busy handling the boat in the wind :wink7: , between the both of us it had to be around 30 fish.  Mostly largemouth, half dozen small mouth and a couple pike.  Would of most likely caught more but left the fish because the wind just got too annoying.  Although I was out fished I did catch the lunker for the day.

conesus.JPG

• Like 1

Fished Conesus yesterday and that wind was a major pain the %^$.  But the wind swept side was where we found 'em.  My fishing partner caught the vast majority, I was busy handling the boat in the wind :wink7: , between the both of us it had to be around 30 fish.  Mostly largemouth, half dozen small mouth and a couple pike.  Would of most likely caught more but left the fish because the wind just got too annoying.  Although I was out fished I did catch the lunker for the day.

conesus.JPG

Nice fish! Weight?

Topwater was the name of the game tonight.

98C98A26-F19F-463C-B02D-8188996F333B_zps

• Like 1

I only caught two fish in 4 hours... it was probably God cursing me for fishing on mothers day loll...

Nice fish! Weight?

Thanks. Was 6.5, my best so far.

Conesus is the place to go for a PB. I got a 7-1 there last year... My pb, and I know a couple guys who have gotten bigger.

I got out Friday and my 4 month old daughter tagged along this was my best and only 3rd fish of the year.

image_zps52dccd82.jpg

• Like 1

You wanna catch a smallie for certain, fish moving water, creeks that feed the lakes in mid summer.

Im headed to Chautauqua friday, leaving about 9am from central pa. Ive been waiting for weeks.